IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Who referred to a professor? If it was in the press briefing, I decided PAC would inform me better. 

I think it might have been Ashie, who mentioned the professor, Glad. He sort of said that the Prof out-trumped a Doctor. (But it was evident that neither Ashie nor Howie could bring themselves to mention Dr Glover by name.)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

where have they been hiding this oh so mystical professor that has been advising Comin for the last twelve months, Sorry have I been sleeping and missed mystic meg of the Comin. What a bunch of shit, Unless old Dave boy took one of them there online courses form the great universal one fits all college. Sorry I'm annoyed.

Assume it was the emergency advisory committee headed up by Magson & Greenhow with no external person. Probably no written advice, didn’t Mark Lewin say when presenting that shite exit plan that he was also an advisor to CoMin!!

3 minutes ago, KERED said:

I think it might have been Ashie, who mentioned the professor, Glad. He sort of said that the Prof out-trumped a Doctor. (But it was evident that neither Ashie nor Howie could bring themselves to mention Dr Glover by name.)

Thank you.  But as we all know, the advice you get depends on the question you ask.  If you don't know the right question, you won't get the right answer. 

Edit to add: a stupid person asks a stupid question. 

TBH, I am raging about this, somebody's ego has been toying with the great Manx public and we are expected to be grateful.  Fuck that. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 8

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I have to switch off when Quayle comes on. I cant stand the way he announces that they have decided to allow us to meet people outside again. 

Maybe he imagines his subjects on bended knee, tugging their forelocks, thanking him for the crumbs that he bestows upon them :cool: In the real world I think he knew it was going to happen anyway, with or without his permission.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

HQ - 'We’re on a journey Paul'

I call BINGO - well f..k me, another bloody 'journey'.  Where would the human race be without 'journey?

'journey', the most nauseating, meaningless, new-speak garbage ever from the bullshit-bingo dictionary.  I can think of a few one-way journeys the parish council could take.

Anyway; with 'journey' I call 'house' trumping all others.

'Having a conversation', does it for me. I don't want a conversation I want a discussion, or facts or to talk. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Apple said:

We have been fed rubbish and taken for fools. With pour own money paying for it.

I am going to stop posting or I will post something I shouldn't.

This sums it up for me.

As an aside, I’m very sad that we’re unable to take grandkids on the railways for the Easter holidays, which they love.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

HQ - 'We’re on a journey Paul'

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

'Having a conversation', does it for me. I don't want a conversation I want a discussion, or facts or to talk. 

What boils my piss even more is when someone says "I'm on a mission". 

That mission, almost invariably, is some tedious and inane piece of pointlessness like getting Starburst to be called Opal Fruits again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Either they know cases are not going to continue to decrease, or the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.  Or government comms are just a bit........

"

Dear Parent and Carer,
We are delighted to hear the Chief Minister state that the latest Covid outbreak is “under control”. The Minister for Education, Dr Allinson, has indicated that secondary schools are likely to:
“gradually re-open from April 13th, initially to selected Year 11 and Year 13 students who are required to undertake further work and assessments in school”.
With regards to Year 11, in this scenario we would prioritise students who must undertake practical assessments, for example in Art, Computer Science, Design Technology, Drama, Graphics, ICT, Music and Performing Arts.
Social distancing is required which means that we will have to sub-divide our classes and Year 11 students will attend on a staggered basis. A timetable will be published next week.
Information on the timetable for Year 13 will also be published soon.
For those students who remain at home, work will continue to be made available on-line.
With kind regards,
Adrienne Burnett"