IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

As I have said, no one denies the existence of a piece of paper, but whether it was in fact what it was purported to be will never be established because it no longer exists. 

So, we don't know if it was all it was said to be, or if DA was the victim of a fabrication or if someone else was. 

The point is, its use was a trigger point in the deterioration of relations. I am not sure DA was attacked over DrGlover's status, but his ire should have been directed at HR who had apparently  misinformed him.

In the grown up world, it was foolish and unforgiveable. 

If is all as you say then yes foolish but not unforgivable. Politicians have made much worse mistakes. “To err is human, to forgive divine”

Im glad our politicians are human

In the grown up world, it was foolish and unforgiveable. 

And also in the world of one who should be expected to display grace and judgement not only in Govt Office but also as an elected representative of the people.

He also of course may have been put up to it and was too naive in his judgement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If is all as you say then yes foolish but not unforgivable. Politicians have made much worse mistakes. “To err is human, to forgive divine”

Im glad our politicians are human

I was being kind. When you are in charge of tens of thousands of people's health, wealth and freedom, I would argue the expected standard is high. 

• Like 2

I was being kind. When you are in charge of tens of thousands of people's health, wealth and freedom, I would argue the expected standard is high. 

Indeed but the expected standard can be high but not infallible.

And I know this is going to attract all sorts of smartarse comments but I think our Government has not done too badly throughout this pandemic.

Sorry should have said summary 

Easy mistake I suppose, but there is a  pretty fundamental difference between the two.  A bit like whether someone is a contractor or employee, or what the directions mean for SP staff, or what is a travel, community or unexplained case, or what a bubble means within 24 hours of the announcement.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You referred to a transcript. 

As an aside we'll probably not get the Hansard for a couple of weeks.  Committees seem to get lowest priority and they've still got a Tynwald and a Keys to finish from earlier in the month and a Keys and I think a couple of LegCos they haven't even started yet.

Add to that Easter and the Editor having spend her time gardening to keep her husband quiet and you're probably better listening to all 3 hours of it.  And Gef says Rachel has got a lovely voice - what more recommendation do you need.

No she talks about the letter

It was without doubt that sooner or later you in particular would show up on here to deflect. Brown-nosing about a blameless administration, all conscience-free and above board...

Even you must realise that all Ashford did was to wave a piece of paper and recite the alleged wording from that piece of paper, claiming it as gospel and proof of existence and unquestionable veracity. Were it a court of law that sort of behaviour would amount to hearsay, would hold no water, be inadmissible without proof of issue and issuer and would be laughed out of court.

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

You just seem to be purposely obfuscating the matter to move the focus on to the letter and away from the rest of the cluster fuck.

Exactly... 

Easy mistake I suppose, but there is a  pretty fundamental difference between the two.  A bit like whether someone is a contractor or employee, or what the directions mean for SP staff, or what is a travel, community or unexplained case, or what a bubble means within 24 hours of the announcement.  

Excellent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Fair point. Will do. Do you refute Gefs interpretation of events though?

To point you in the right direction...Lettergate starts @93:40 onwards @95:20 RG says 'IF somebody did write a letter...'

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Indeed but the expected standard can be high but not infallible.

And I know this is going to attract all sorts of smartarse comments but I think our Government has not done too badly throughout this pandemic.

Well, you are entitled to your view, but in view of the evidence presented today, I would say our government have been extremely lucky. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

As an aside we'll probably not get the Hansard for a couple of weeks.  Committees seem to get lowest priority and they've still got a Tynwald and a Keys to finish from earlier in the month and a Keys and I think a couple of LegCos they haven't even started yet.

Add to that Easter and the Editor having spend her time gardening to keep her husband quiet and you're probably better listening to all 3 hours of it.  And Gef says Rachel has got a lovely voice - what more recommendation do you need.

I listened to most of it.  It was the reference to a transcript being in existence already that I was questioning.