IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

You take comfort from that?  There was a letter, no one doubted it...

There was a piece of paper, that's all. And the question has to be asked- who else was privy to it and who would testify for instance under oath, to its existence? Otherwise that piece of paper and what was allegedly written on it is meaningless in a legal sense. Any jury under those circumstances would be instructed to ignore it. Dr.G said that once the alleged letter was made public she received began to receive emails from her then colleagues alluding to their shock that such a 'letter' existed.

Edited by quilp
  • Like 2

What is staggering is the refusal to accept any kind of assistance in our armoury and then the seemingly aggressive character assassination that followed.  WTF is going on?  Who has made these decisions and who has turned the Nelsonian eye to it all? As I said, it is all indicative of a deeply corrupt system of governance. By corrupt I mean rotten, festering and incapable of resurrection.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

All else apart in all this Dr Glover acknowledges in lettergate there was such a letter. Whether Minister Ashford was wise in disclosing its contents is another matter. But it seems to put to bed the accusation that it never existed.

Well, she thinks it was genuine, but has no direct knowledge.

I would think there will be a good few people looking in the situations vacant column shortly and this includes civil servants as well as polititions. After listening to the whole of Hansard whilst still thinking that the government has handled the whole pandemic in a satisfactory matter I am now left thinking how much professional and academic expertise have we missed out on. This needs to change very quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't know about anyone else but I was impressed by the Speaker's outpouring of thanks and appreciation to Dr.G at the end of the proceedings. Something else of significance, and further proof of institutional sour grapes was the removal of Dr.G's nomination as a significant Manx person and the request that she take down her twitter post in which she'd reproduced the congratulatory nomination text.

Sickening stuff... Fair-do's to Robertshaw for his questions and a mention to Hooper also for his.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, lezayre said:

I would think there will be a good few people looking in the situations vacant column shortly and this includes civil servants as well as polititions. After listening to the whole of Hansard whilst still thinking that the government has handled the whole pandemic in a satisfactory matter I am now left thinking how much professional and academic expertise have we missed out on. This needs to change very quickly.

Much as I agree with your sentiments, I doubt there will be a huge wave of resignations.  Many of these people have got to where they are based on an unfailing belief in their own inability.  That does not make a good candidate to fall on their sword. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Don't know about anyone else but I was impressed by the Speaker's outpouring of thanks and appreciation to Dr.G at the end of the proceedings. Something else of significance, and further proof of institutional sour grapes was the removal of Dr.G's nomination as a significant Manx person and the request that she take down her twitter post in which she'd reproduced the congratulatory nomination text.

Sickening stuff... Fair-do's to Robertshaw for his questions and a mention to Hooper also for his.

+1

7 minutes ago, lezayre said:

images (4).jpeg