IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, lezayre said:

I would think there will be a good few people looking in the situations vacant column shortly and this includes civil servants as well as polititions.

I doubt it. There are immensely thick skins, huge egos and a group of leather chairs that can be drawn very, very close together. There is a bloc on this Island and is not exclusive to Central Govt, extending down into the LAs as well. Unless there is a sudden outbreak of humility, nothing will change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

I have no idea whether it existed as I never saw it and am only aware of it's content from the briefing where it was read out. But the error in judgement lies completely with the Minister in deciding to use it to discredit me. It completely showed his true character, in my opinion. 

This is what Dr.G said Declan, "I have no idea whether it existed as I never saw it..."

Doesn't amount to an acknowledgement of its physical existence.

Under normal and respectful circumstances, and in consideration of her efforts, one might've expected Ashford to have approached Dr.G with a name-redacted copy of the letter prior to laying it before the assembled throng. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Does she? Where did she say that? 

Sorry should have read to the end of the thread before commenting. A more accurate statement would have been, in the Gef transcript she appears to accept the existence of the letter. But the point I was making still stands it doesn't matter what she thinks because she has no direct knowledge. So The Voice of Reasons conclusion, even if correct, is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, quilp said:

This is what Dr.G said Declan, "I have no idea whether it existed as I never saw it..."

Doesn't amount to an acknowledgement of its physical existence.

Under normal and respectful circumstances, and in consideration of her efforts, one might've expected Ashford to have approached Dr.G with a name-redacted copy of the letter prior to laying it before the assembled throng. 

Well, that would have been a sensible and tactful thing to do.  But in the words of his sister, she was born with the looks, he was born with the, well, politics. 

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I doubt it. There are immensely thick skins, huge egos and a group of leather chairs that can be drawn very, very close together. There is a bloc on this Island and is not exclusive to Central Govt, extending down into the LAs as well. Unless there is a sudden outbreak of humility, nothing will change.

How true. Then there's getting the message across to an easily distracted and disinterested electorate. And people like the Voice of Brown-nose in whose eyes it was all a simple mistake.

49 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, you are entitled to your view, but in view of the evidence presented today, I would say our government have been extremely lucky. 

They are actually on record as saying exactly that. Well, at least Dr Ewart said that on behalf of the government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, that added to the debate. 

It had the advantage of brevity.

I had acknowledged and apologised for my error. The whether she believes the letter exists is a dead end. Banging on about it achieves nothing.

I was very impressed with Dr Glover today bearing in mind AG's office have been involved along the way but that didnt bother her. Rachel  put her case forward , it seemed honest and heartfelt and also clear she cares about our Island and the health of residents . Fair play to the lady. But again the one thing that came through to me  is the crooked AG's office and how defensive and protective they are to ministers and departments regardless whether there in the wrong or not. Makes me wonder about all these other issues that go through that same office . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 14

Just now, Declan said:

It had the advantage of brevity.

I had acknowledged and apologised for my error. The whether she believes the letter exists is a dead end. Banging on about it achieves nothing.

It was masterful in its brevity, whilst delivering the message. 

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There were many who doubted there was a letter. Many said it was an invention. You must recall that.

It was said to be from a disgruntled colleague/ associate who was pissed off that Dr G was claiming all credit and ignoring the input of others.

The whole transcript revolves around “she said”/ “they said” and until concrete evidence has been produced to prove one way or the other I would be very wary of jumping to conclusions 

Well unless the author of the letter steps forward, how is anyone going to prove the letter ever existed? Dr Glover was rightly pissed off about an anonymous being read out, it was done in such a way to discredit her and gave the impression her resignation was down to her throwing toys out the pram. Asides from all that, why is the letter so significant to you? The letter was only the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 1