IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

by then most folks will be vaccinated ,   the chances of another wave that would overwhelm the NHS must be slim , as mentioned earlier in the thread there is no point having a vaccine of you are still going to be locked down every few minutes anyway.

I hope you're right concerning the vaccine, however we already have variants for which the vaccine is not very effective. It's probably only a matter of time before the variants become a problem in the UK and Europe. It will be a race to tweak existing vaccines to account for new variants, and then a race to get them into people's arms. 

I don't want to be locked down and restricted either. I'm just saying that there is an awful lot of uncertainty about the future and we're going to have to learn to live with that uncertainty, alongside learning to live with covid. 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What happens next is crucial. They have too much invested to do an about turn  

My prediction is that they carry on with the smear campaign. It’s too late to play the victim and it’s got to be one or the other. They’ve lost a LOT of public sympathy, I’m not sure this is the time to play that card. They’ll be gathering as much info against genomics, and collecting experts and make such a fuss that we will forget that they’ve treated this woman appallingly.

This government (not all of it) is toxic  the treatment and actions taken toward Dr Glover have been exactly those used by a toxic individuals against their partners (brother, boss, whoever).

Their victims are usually so exhausted, confused, exasperated, that they are unable to take action and just walk away pleased to have just escaped from the madness  

Dr Glover did not. I could not be more proud of this Manx woman right now  By doing what she has done, she has said, ‘enough’, and she has said it for all of us, including the ones who walked away  Nice action  💪

well said. I also think they'll continue with the smear campaign. They're circling the wagons as we speak.

Manx Radio has contacted DHSC for a response, and it's understood a point-by-point rebuttal is being drawn up in a formal release. 

I believe that one way or another, Dr Glover will come out on top. The government is going to wish they never pulled this bullshit, even as they dig a deeper hole. We can vote the politicians concerned out; now we just need to find a way to get rid of the civil servants who largely caused this travesty in the first place. 

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What happens next is crucial. They have too much invested to do an about turn  

My prediction is that they carry on with the smear campaign. It’s too late to play the victim and it’s got to be one or the other. They’ve lost a LOT of public sympathy, I’m not sure this is the time to play that card. They’ll be gathering as much info against genomics, and collecting experts and make such a fuss that we will forget that they’ve treated this woman appallingly.

This government (not all of it) is toxic  the treatment and actions taken toward Dr Glover have been exactly those used by a toxic individuals against their partners (brother, boss, whoever).

Their victims are usually so exhausted, confused, exasperated, that they are unable to take action and just walk away pleased to have just escaped from the madness  

Dr Glover did not. I could not be more proud of this Manx woman right now  By doing what she has done, she has said, ‘enough’, and she has said it for all of us, including the ones who walked away  Nice action  💪

Total respect to Dr G . Full of admiration for her fortitude and honesty. And yes I believe her version. And it shouldnt be forgotton this will and has cost her alot in time and money. We are lucky that someone has stood up to wrong doings and has the means to do so. Most of us have to back off when confronted with the unlimited tax payer funded AG's office. I really cant thank the lady enough and hopefully it wont go away but again sadly too many MHK's etc are under the umbrella of this current organisational silo .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

After not hearing one iota about Dr Glovers on the local news. It seems the old Whoever pays the piper calls the tune. Just saying.

It has been on n Manx Radio News web pages and that IOM gov is preparing a point by point rebuttal.

Edited by Major Rushen
Typo

10 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

It has been on n Manx Radio News web pages and that IOM gov is preparing a point by point rebuttal.

I think their response is more likely to be heard when they give evidence to the PAC?

I'm sure all this stems from the fact that IoMG were unable to control what information and opinions Dr Glover would make public due to her status?

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think their response is more likely to be heard when they give evidence to the PAC?

I'm sure all this stems from the fact that IoMG were unable to control what information and opinions Dr Glover would make public due to her status?

Given she says that she has engaged lawyers, threatened litigation, sent a letter before action, I’d expect the response to be that it’s sub judice and that means, whilst they disagree with her allegations, they will not be commenting.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zarley said:

well said. I also think they'll continue with the smear campaign. They're circling the wagons as we speak.

Manx Radio has contacted DHSC for a response, and it's understood a point-by-point rebuttal is being drawn up in a formal release. 

I believe that one way or another, Dr Glover will come out on top. The government is going to wish they never pulled this bullshit, even as they dig a deeper hole. We can vote the politicians concerned out; now we just need to find a way to get rid of the civil servants who largely caused this travesty in the first place. 

My late Father told me that "It takes a 'real man'(men) to stand up and simply say.... I am sorry...I/we was/were wrong".

Do you see any in the current IOMG/CS?...No, neither do I.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Got to go back to that 'we'll put out negative press' thing by Steve Doyle. Seriously, what kind of fucking behaviour is that?

It's embarrassing, that's what it is. Probably said it with a wry and knowing smile on his face.

One other thing that needs to be remembered, after the Speaker had thanked her for all her efforts, her commitment to combating the virus and devoting a considerable amount of time (100 hours a week), he mentioned he had a question he "just had to ask" her. It was that if she received a phone call from government in the morning, asking her to go back and continue with her work, after all that had happened, what would her answer be? Following a little hesitation her answer was an emphatic "yes." This is a person who, at a very fundamental level, has our interests at heart.

It brought a lump to my throat and increased my anger tenfold...

Edited by quilp
Tenfold
  • Like 7