IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

If we don’t have a shit load of new cases in a weeks time I’ll be absolutely amazed

There's no one* to catch it from.

*this might not be correct, but certainly there are very few people to catch it from.

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Most I saw were outside, I went to my Mums and we just sat in garden, 2m away which was a bit difficult to hear with all the noisy lot having BBQs!!

I just don’t understand why people have this constant need to push the boundaries every single time, I sincerely hope I’m wrong but I think 111 will be having a field day in a weeks time, unintentional spread amongst Asymptomatic cases is highly likely.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's no one* to catch it from.

*this might not be correct, but certainly there are very few people to catch it from.

The Kent variant has already demonstrated it doesn’t need many hosts to cause a big issue, 111 aren’t testing those with possible Kent variant symptoms, only the 4 original symptoms from last year, doesn’t account for asymptomatic cases. Do you really think people will be disinfecting the ketchup bottle between each use at a BBQ and you don’t think people will be nipping inside houses for a wee?

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The Kent variant has already demonstrated it doesn’t need many hosts to cause a big issue, 111 aren’t testing those with possible Kent variant symptoms, only the 4 original symptoms from last year, doesn’t account for asymptomatic cases. Do you really think people will be disinfecting the ketchup bottle between each use at a BBQ and you don’t think people will be nipping inside houses for a wee?

Not sure what rules are on using toilet but seems unrealistic for people to travel across island to see families etc, sit in garden drinking tea or whatever and then not need to wee!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You sound paranoid.  

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure what rules are on using toilet but seems unrealistic for people to travel across island to see families etc, sit in garden drinking tea or whatever and then not need to wee!!

Everyone knows the 10 people socially distancing thing is bullshit.  Very few will obey it.  The government know that.  But it's a half way house.  Allow people to see people whilst continuing to persecute the relevant businesses for another 4 weeks.

It's the same as last year.    It'll be strung out until the end of April.

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Got to go back to that 'we'll put out negative press' thing by Steve Doyle. Seriously, what kind of fucking behaviour is that?

There's one other thing that struck me about the attitude behind that.  It's not just the belief that they have have absolute control over the conventional media (to be fair they don't), it's that they seem completely to have forgotten the power and spread of social media.  Hence the indignation about Rachel using Twitter to put her case across.

This was also shown in the way that she discovered that those at the top of DHSC and the politicians seemed completely unaware of what she was doing and what was happening on the ground with testing.  There had been a lot of coverage online (some even in the conventional media) and I doubt any reader of Manx Forums was so ignorant and yet these people blanked that out and got all their information from those who told them whatever nonsense suited their own interests.  I suppose this explains some of the tosh that Ashford comes out with.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What reasonable and sustainable defence could there be to any of these issues? 

One could equally ask, what reasonable person would choose to behave in this manner'?

Workplace spats are not unusual but they usually have colleagues say to tone it down, it's OTT., alittle contrition and then sort it properly in a civil manner.

There must be many lower ranks at the DHSC, Hosp Management and the Cab Office who will not agree with what has happened? Maybe the whistleblowers will come from them?

Humans! Who'd have them?

• Like 1