IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

''   The "point-by-point rebuttal" being compiled by the DHSC   ''.

This would be right up Ashfords street and he's very good at them, has 12 months practice!!! It's more likely to muddy the waters than more PAC meetings with summoned 'guests'?

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There's an awful lot that strikes me about that attitude. I wonder how often they've done it before for a start.

Steve Doyle came to start negotiating about the role going back. He decided to say at one point – “You do realise if you don’t come back and do everything we want you to, we’ll put negative press out about you”

I hope whoever actually composes the negative press is better at it that the author of Doyle's LinkedIn profile, which contains such presumably self-deprecating but hardly professional gems as, "All round good guy and COVID-19 expert (but aren't we all?)"

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

I do wonder if a few more people who have been on the receiving end of this kind of attitude will crawl out of the woodwork.  The kind of attitude reported by Dr Glover has to be institutional, so there must be many more. 

I know a person, a friend, who had a big problem with a department, they had sh1t on him despite a contract being in place and cost him a lot of time and money.

It went legal but ended up going no where because they were told that he would not get any more work.

That is the usual get out for the gov but in Dr Gs case she does not need their work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Was it when she voiced disquiet about covid policies being written without her or the lab's input ? They were being written by people with no medical or scientific background.

I can understand why the people working in the lab would not necessarily have input into the covid testing policy. In the end of the day their job is the technical business of carrying out the tests and providing results. They don't write policies in any other areas of medical care, for which they carry out testing, as far as I am aware. I would have thought that the testing policy would have been written by public health in consultation with senior clinicians from the hospital (including the Consultant Microbiologist to give the labs perspective. I cannot see any circumstance where it would be appropriate for the testing policy to be written by people with no medical background. Do you know for sure who actually wrote the testing policy?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I know a person, a friend, who had a big problem with a department, they had sh1t on him despite a contract being in place and cost him a lot of time and money.

It went legal but ended up going no where because they were told that he would not get any more work.

That is the usual get out for the gov but in Dr Gs case she does not need their work.

This !! My way or the highway and so so wrong on every level. And usually the CS member making these decisions is not fit to wipe the aggrieved parties boots.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quilp said:

One other thing that needs to be remembered, after the Speaker had thanked her for all her efforts, her commitment to combating the virus and devoting a considerable amount of time (100 hours a week), he mentioned he had a question he "just had to ask" her. It was that if she received a phone call from government in the morning, asking her to go back and continue with her work, after all that had happened, what would her answer be? Following a little hesitation her answer was an emphatic "yes."

These are the usual courtesies extended on these occasions. I wouldn’t read too much into it

It brought a lump to my throat and increased my anger tenfold...

For Gods sake I would urge you never to watch “Bambi” !

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

If we don’t have a shit load of new cases in a weeks time I’ll be absolutely amazed, never seen it so busy, my neighbours are in their summerhouse/shed with their guests, it’s stretching the definition of outside but I imagine plenty of others will be doing the same.

The exact same thing was said last year at Easter and then the may bank holiday on neither occasion did we have a spike in cases. It will be the same again this time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I do wonder if a few more people who have been on the receiving end of this kind of attitude will crawl out of the woodwork.  The kind of attitude reported by Dr Glover has to be institional, so there must be many more. 

The attitude will exist for as long as a hierarchy system is in place, which it does across Government. Dr Glover probably wound up quite a few people because she would try to talk with management directly rather than following the chain of command.

Just now, thommo2010 said:

The exact same thing was said last year at Easter and then the may bank holiday on neither occasion did we have a spike in cases. It will be the same again this time. 

I said it in January when everyone dropped their guards down like Covid19 had never existed and was called out several times, this is the situation we found ourselves in. This new Kent variant is known to spread a lot easier, I do hope I’m wrong, I suppose we’ll just have to find out in a weeks time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zarley said:

well said. I also think they'll continue with the smear campaign. They're circling the wagons as we speak.

Manx Radio has contacted DHSC for a response, and it's understood a point-by-point rebuttal is being drawn up in a formal release. 

I believe that one way or another, Dr Glover will come out on top. The government is going to wish they never pulled this bullshit, even as they dig a deeper hole. We can vote the politicians concerned out; now we just need to find a way to get rid of the civil servants who largely caused this travesty in the first place. 

No doubt the DHSC response will be considered by the Manx Forums pitchfork mob as fairly and impartially as Dr Glovers pronouncements have been.

24 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I can understand why the people working in the lab would not necessarily have input into the covid testing policy. In the end of the day their job is the technical business of carrying out the tests and providing results. They don't write policies in any other areas of medical care, for which they carry out testing, as far as I am aware. I would have thought that the testing policy would have been written by public health in consultation with senior clinicians from the hospital (including the Consultant Microbiologist to give the labs perspective. I cannot see any circumstance where it would be appropriate for the testing policy to be written by people with no medical background. Do you know for sure who actually wrote the testing policy?

I would have to go back to the PAC recording, but she said she was surprised at who was writing the policies without any input from the lab.  I don't think she wanted to write the policies but have input, which would surely be appropriate?

• Like 3