IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I do believe you have acted with the best of motives. But it is the Government who have to make the decisions as to how to deal with this pandemic and it is they who will be judged.

OK, in the court of Manx Forums (which tends to attract the more cynical and anti government by nature) they have been judged and largely found wanting.
But in the wider court of Manx Public opinion ( one which I would suggest is more important) a very different verdict has been given . Of this there is no doubt. Anyone who suggests differently should take a straw poll in Strand Street, Parliament Street or any other street on the Island

Does anyone else think that this is Jacob Rees Mogg?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I do believe you have acted with the best of motives. But it is the Government who have to make the decisions as to how to deal with this pandemic and it is they who will be judged.

OK, in the court of Manx Forums (which tends to attract the more cynical and anti government by nature) they have been judged and largely found wanting.
But in the wider court of Manx Public opinion ( one which I would suggest is more important) a very different verdict has been given . Of this there is no doubt. Anyone who suggests differently should take a straw poll in Strand Street, Parliament Street or any other street on the Island

Generally the public don't give any serious analysis to issues such as this, but you are right.

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

And that is the very reason government seems to lurch from one debacle to another, remaining unaccountable. 

Absolutely true, and it will never ever change as government structure and procedure is pre-determined.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Doubt it

Well the Teapot and Doc Fixit do and they’re perceptive guys...we’re on to something here...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

That’s what you call debating?

Fortunately for the government and the likes of yourself the aforementioned 95% couldn't give two hoots about how the island is run as they have an  " I'm alright Jack" mentality.

So they can govern as they please knowing hardly anyone is arsed to go looking under the lumpy carpet!

Edited by finlo
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Well the Teapot and Doc Fixit do and they’re perceptive guys...we’re on to something here...

We’ll it has been suggested previously ( by you, if I’m not mistaken, forgive me if not) that I am either Howard Quayle or David Ashford.

One day you will get it right. But at this rate I think it will take quite some time 🙂

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, finlo said:

Fortunately for the government and the likes of yourself the aforementioned 95% couldn't give two hoots about how the island is run as they have an  " I'm alright Jack" mentality.

So they can govern as they please knowing hardly anyone is arsed to go looking under the lumpy carpet!

95% approval rating for a government is pretty high. Previously unheard  of I would suggest.

• Sad 1