IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

From memory the person named was not a medic.  Also one of her issues was that she was feeding reports and info up the chain, but it was not credited to her. She also said that there were times that the lab staff would listen to briefings and when they made a statement on testing would look at each other in disbelief as the "facts" were not correct or correctly portrayed.  

I can see how that would make her feel frustrated, undervalued and exploited, and I can well believe that could happen within DHSC.

However, it would be bizarre, and almost unbelievable, if the testing policy was not written by Public Health, in conjunction with senior clinicians, but rather, was written by someone with no knowledge of the issues involved. How could anybody ever think that was a good idea. I guess we will have to wait to see what the government says about that particular point.

4 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I can see how that would make her feel frustrated, undervalued and exploited, and I can well believe that could happen within DHSC.

However, it would be bizarre, and almost unbelievable, if the testing policy was not written by Public Health, in conjunction with senior clinicians, but rather, was written by someone with no knowledge of the issues involved. How could anybody ever think that was a good idea. I guess we will have to wait to see what the government says about that particular point.

download (5).jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK, in the court of Manx Forums (which tends to attract the more cynical and anti government by nature) they have been judged and largely found wanting.

Has it occurred to you that some of these ''Cynics'' may well be PS workers who are aware of the behind the scenes shenanigans and have been so for many years?

....and that puts them in a better position to comment that you!

Yet you, have popped up again as a Govt defender, to what avail I'm not quite sure as you end up defending your own position more than the Govt!

You're obviously not a Govt Shill because they would have asked you to stop posting as you are not helping the position that they wish to present.

Your own personal opinion is, of course, welcome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, finlo said:

Unfortunately about 95% of the general public are utterly clueless!

I disagree , I think a massive part of our population have no confidence that whenever wrongs are seen to have happened that anything constructive or policy changing will come about . People are very cynical over here now and they are right to feel that. Too much is covered up or swept under the carpet or even worse ignored . Look at all the consultations paid for but never acted on . The favourite saying , lessons have been learnt , is trotted out far to often when we all know nothing is ever learnt or changed . Then when changes happen and a new influx in election year they are all quickly gathered into the silo or whats happened recently they are not even consulted on issues if not in Conmin . Sorry the government system over here is not close to being democratic in its truest sense .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Newbie said:

However, it would be bizarre, and almost unbelievable, if the testing policy was not written by Public Health, in conjunction with senior clinicians

From RGs Pac. evidence and I paraphrase, she refers to 'Harriette' and to '''Magson'', familiar/formal? Reading between the lines, does this indicate where she felt the problems were arising?

I doubt that she RG, expected to be part of the Comin discussion but may well have expected her input to be presented as 'Hers' and acknowledged as such ( we all have egos and want recognition for such), particularly if one feels to be usurped by those who do not have the same expertise?

So, between the lines.................. is Magson at the heart of this???

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Has it occurred to you that some of these ''Cynics'' may well be PS workers who are aware of the behind the scenes shenanigans and have been so for many years?

....and that puts them in a better position to comment that you!

Yet you, have popped up again as a Govt defender, to what avail I'm not quite sure as you end up defending your own position more than the Govt!

You're obviously not a Govt Shill because they would have asked you to stop posting as you are not helping the position that they wish to present.

Your own personal opinion is, of course, welcome.

Well if I’m obviously not a Govt Shill (Shill? - what’s that, a Govt supporter I am assuming?) as you say then my observations are my own personal opinion which as you rather graciously say is welcome.

If my personal opinion marks me out as a “Govt defender “ so be it. And  If my view doesn’t help the position that the Government wish to present that doesn’t concern me. I’m just here to give my opinion on this topic, on  this forum with no ulterior motive.

You seem a little confused I must say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Well, give us some facts showing how the government have done a good job in this. 

Well we could revisit ad infinitum the statistics comparing how well we have fared with other jurisdictions but this really has been done enough already.

There have been many claims on here that this is down to luck.

In the words of a famous golfer “ I find that the more I practice the luckier I am”

For that substitute “ the more the Government make the right decisions the luckier they are”