IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Never met Steve Doyle, but I see one of his ex Path lab co workers is on own the Health Services Consultative Committee. 

Hope he gets a chancece to speak about what he knows.

They seem to have relaxed the old problem with  ex DHSC employees being on Committes. About time. Still doesn't add up to much though in my view in this particular instance.

Edited by Apple

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I was referring to the gang attack on @VOICE OF REASONreally, he does seem to stand up for the government's side frequently and it might be thought that he's a PS. I don't think he is but he is entitled to his opinion like anyone else. I just don't see any need for personal attacks on posters, play the ball and not the man.

Thank you Max. I just offer my opinion which I thought was what a forum is for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

As far as I'm concerned I dont give a toss about ego's and the likes which clearly have played a part in all this . What concerns me is whats best for the population of the IOM . Would we have been better served with Dr Glover on board for the whole journey or not ? . From my little knowledge and having followed this throughout it seems a no brainer and we needed her expertise from day one and to this day. Ego's often have to take a back seat for the greater good but looks like CS and Government are to entrenched in there habits of a lifetime to step back. Quite sad really and also being that its probably made us all suffer more than we needed also incompetent on many levels too.   

“From my little knowledge “ A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as someone once said.

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“From my little knowledge “ A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, as someone once said.

Yes it is , but I'm not insuating anything just being humble ! Interesting you should try and undermine my post when it was a very honest and 'reasonable ' one ! Just saying 

• Like 4

I've been reading this topic, and I just wanted to post a point of view here.  We were in the process of relocating to the IOM early 2020 (had bought property etc) but got "stuck" elsewhere when covid struck last year.  We've now finally just come back over from England and are in our 2 week quarantine period.  I'm sure there must have been mistakes in the government's reactions to the pandemic - but this is definitely true of all governments everywhere.  Our own experience of our dealings with the IOM government institutions/local government/post office while we've been in this difficult position over the last year has been very good.  Considerably better than our dealings with the equivalent organisations in England.

Just a few small examples: we had a post forward on for our IOM home.  I emailed the post office a week before we were coming over to ask them to stop forwarding and received an email reply within 2 hours to confirm. The government's RR scheme worked very efficiently; the landing pass instructions were easy to follow.  We phoned 111 to organise testing and the phone was picked up within seconds - I've waited for pick up with the equivalent UK 111 for nearly an hour recently.  The testing was scheduled and very well organised when we went.  We had a phone call within hours of landing to confirm that we were in quarantine and to ask if we had enough food etc.  

As I say I'm sure that some bad decisions have been made, and I don't know the ins and outs of those, but generally we find the IOM government and health organisations to be very efficiently run; considerably more efficient than the equivalent in England!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NewResident said:

Our own experience of our dealings with the IOM government institutions/local government/post office while we've been in this difficult position over the last year has been very good.  Considerably better than our dealings with the equivalent organisations in England.

The fun starts once they've reeled you in. 

Good luck. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes it is , but I'm not insuating anything just being humble ! Interesting you should try and undermine my post when it was a very honest and 'reasonable ' one ! Just saying 

I had no intention of undermining your post. which was honest and reasonable. Just pointing out that unless you know the full picture it’s difficult to come to a proper conclusion as we have seen before on these pages. No offence intended.

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

The fun starts once they've reeled you in. 

Good luck. 

Can you be any more cynical?

I find my dealings with Government departments very easy. For example Income tax in my private life, Customs and Excise in my professional life.

I know I’m a Government lackey or “shill” so please take no notice of me. 

16 minutes ago, NewResident said:

I've been reading this topic, and I just wanted to post a point of view here.  We were in the process of relocating to the IOM early 2020 (had bought property etc) but got "stuck" elsewhere when covid struck last year.  We've now finally just come back over from England and are in our 2 week quarantine period.  I'm sure there must have been mistakes in the government's reactions to the pandemic - but this is definitely true of all governments everywhere.  Our own experience of our dealings with the IOM government institutions/local government/post office while we've been in this difficult position over the last year has been very good.  Considerably better than our dealings with the equivalent organisations in England.

Just a few small examples: we had a post forward on for our IOM home.  I emailed the post office a week before we were coming over to ask them to stop forwarding and received an email reply within 2 hours to confirm. The government's RR scheme worked very efficiently; the landing pass instructions were easy to follow.  We phoned 111 to organise testing and the phone was picked up within seconds - I've waited for pick up with the equivalent UK 111 for nearly an hour recently.  The testing was scheduled and very well organised when we went.  We had a phone call within hours of landing to confirm that we were in quarantine and to ask if we had enough food etc.  

As I say I'm sure that some bad decisions have been made, and I don't know the ins and outs of those, but generally we find the IOM government and health organisations to be very efficiently run; considerably more efficient than the equivalent in England!

I think everyone here will appreciate your comments and welcome you. 

But the underlying theme is not failure at the front end, where the commitment and human touch exists in bucket loads, but elsewhere which lets down the front end staff and the rest of the island. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NewResident said:

Hi and welcome. 

You might find https://deliveries.im and the likes of Robinsons and IOM Creameries useful  during your quarantine. 

Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you need it. 

1 hour ago, NewResident said:

I've been reading this topic, and I just wanted to post a point of view here.  We were in the process of relocating to the IOM early 2020 (had bought property etc) but got "stuck" elsewhere when covid struck last year.  We've now finally just come back over from England and are in our 2 week quarantine period.  

you didn't happen see 6 lots of chinese bankers looking lost anywhere on your journey did you ?

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Haha 2