IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, rachomics said:

I think I really have to point out here that the instructions for the aggressive and inconsistent legal letters stating the DHSC position are coming from the Path Lab. Kathryn Magson and the AG's office didn't write them without significant input from the Path lab.

If it isn't Steve Doyle providing those instructions in his capacity as head of the lab (and as a very senior DHSC/Manx Care manager) then that in itself would be a very interesting question for the PAC inquiry to ask. There isn't anyone else I can think of in the "chain of command" that would be providing the detailed versions of events as instructions for the DHSC lawyers/AG.

Providing a report of events from his perspective (if that is what he did), in order to allow his employer to respond to a legal challenge is not the same as providing 'negative press' about someone, which is something he denies.

UK Media speculation is that initially  only vaccinated residents will be allowed into major sporting events, theatres etc similar to Israel whilst facing minimal restrictions when traveling, USA have just announced vaccinated people can now meet each other indoors and are now allowed travel with no quarantine,

various European countries have announced they will allow vaccinated visitors without quarantine or testing, various  cruise companies have announced they will only accept vaccinated passengers.

Whenever Ashford or Quayle are asked about allowing vaccinated residents to travel without restrictions he goes to great lengths to say vaccinations don't stop you catching virus, spreading virus etc etc.

What does Ashford & his advisors know about the benefits vaccinations give that all the other major world powers & their medical advisors don't know ???

Edited by Banker

11 minutes ago, pongo said:

Surely here we have the opportunity to take things a bit more slowly and see how it works out for those other places?

There's no particular hurry is there?

The question was why is Ashford saying vaccinations don’t stop spread etc when obviously many others are saying it does & vaccinated people are free to travel without quarantine??

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

The question was why is Ashford saying vaccinations don’t stop spread etc when obviously many others are saying it does & vaccinated people are free to travel without quarantine??

I think there are studies which support the many others, but is it confirmed by ECDC or WHO? 

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think there are studies which support the many others, but is it confirmed by ECDC or WHO? 

USA CDC confirmed vaccinations US residents can travel without quarantine & meet inside so assume happy with studies.

50 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Providing a report of events from his perspective (if that is what he did), in order to allow his employer to respond to a legal challenge is not the same as providing 'negative press' about someone, which is something he denies.

Whether he denies it or not doesn't change anything that the DHSC have done in the last 5 months at his instruction, with their aggressive legal letters and constantly changing position.

However, it did change a lot for me in the way I wanted to manage the negotiations for my potential return; I insisted the next day on email that they reply to our letter about the robot to move forward negotiations in a formal manner rather than in verbal meetings. This is exactly what I gave in evidence to PAC and can provide emails to back up. I have provided extensive documented evidence for my oral testimony to PAC and am happy to provide more documentation as required.

Either way, it's not the issue at hand. The issue is that a member of Steve's team, who he is responsible for as head of the lab, acted to underhandedly copy and amend the software of a private company after having been offered a license for said software and ignored the legal notices. Steve was the addressee of the original letter stating that the software would need to be licensed.

I do find it interesting that such a senior DHSC employee has posted here in a personal capacity. I hope he cleared it with the AG's office/DHSC/Manx Care before responding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

Yes here’s CDC announcement of travel for those vaccinated & you still haven’t answered why ashie is different to all others!!

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0402-travel-guidance-vaccinated-people.html

in particularly read the evidence they use.Assume it’s similar evidence the other countries, cruise companies & UK government are using just not Ashie 

Edited by Banker

2 minutes ago, rachomics said:

I do find it interesting that such a senior DHSC employee has posted here in a personal capacity.

He’s not a DHSC employee, at least not since Thursday. Just throwing that out there not just to be a pedant, but to wonder if this is going to be part of the way out of this mess. 

• Confused 1

The following article in today's Guardian newspaper describes how scientists in New Zealand are doing precisely what Dr Glover tried to do here. In New Zealand, and globally, the NZ scientists are being praised as world leaders for their work on Covid genomic testing and case-linking. 

This article totally vindicates Dr Glover and her work.

Inconceivably, to-date, the IOMG have been actively dismissing Dr Glover's work as not useful. How is this arrogance and ignorance possible?

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2021/apr/04/how-new-zealands-covid-success-made-it-a-laboratory-for-the-world

Edited by code99
  • Like 6