IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes but it is not providing the interpretation.  Its a bit like a traffic survey: 

Yes, 10 black cars and 3 red. 7 were Nissan, 2 were Renault, 1 was a VW, another a Lexus and 2 were clapped out Daihatsus.

Where were they coming from? Well, 8 were coming from the North and 6 were coming from the south.

But what was the original start point? Dunno.

Well, where were they going? Dunno.

And how many occupants were there?  Well, in every case we can be sure of at least one in every car.

OK, can you say the gender of that certain one? No.

Could you hazard a guess at the likely numbers of passengers? No,  but on average  we would expect to see  2 passengers, as an average over the whole sample.

Could you give a likely estimate of the gender of the passengers? No, but on average....

Not good enough, we need to understand passenger movements with age and gender to start to understand the profile of car usage and why.

Oh, that would mean we have to look inside the car and interpret the results.  We don’t do that. 

Sorry,but your not using the data statistical analysis methods used by Tourism.

Five people travelling in each car, Only if you use this given tourism isle of man formular

would it be recognized by Government or it's assoicated workers.

Edited by Holte End
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, code99 said:

Reported Deaths /1M pop:

New Zealand - 5

Isle of Man - 340

UK - 1,861

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Nobody with any sense would try to claim that NZs low death rate was significantly due to genomic sequencing!

They locked down early and hard. Quarantine in quarantine hotels. It's a county 1000 miles + from anywhere else. Also they have a totally different lifestyle to Europeans and and economy that can keep working in isolation. They have a very low population density, even in Auckland and Wellington. 

I'm not denying they might have used it to control the very small outbreaks they have had recently but let's not get silly and think it's the main weapon in their armoury or the reason for their low numbers.

26 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/court-for-two-women-accused-of-attacking-port-erin-mum/

One of them is Jet-boy's girlfriend apparently, according to sources.  

Sorry - help me out here...who is ‘jet-boy’?

10 hours ago, Gladys said:

So,  is she a charlatan? 

Dr Glover has provided a qualified, alternative view. She has effectively been a qualified Opposition who has questioned the Government line.

IoMG doesn't "do" opposition, from Tynwald down. It's not accustomed to it, doesn't like it and its immediate reaction is/was fairly standard in trying to ignore it in the first instance and then when it didn't go away, attempt to discredit it (look at the DBC/Tribunal verdict reaction for general attitude, for example)

It's a microcosm example of the way Govt operates and it's been brought out into the light now which is something else that Govt is not used to, its policy is usually to stamp it out by bullying ("negative press"?) or buy it off to keep it quiet.

This is new ground for the Govt now against a qualified and worthy opponent. They are going to be compiling their reactions "on the hoof" now which are going to appear fairly puerile to those interested I'd suggest.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Dr Glover has provided a qualified, alternative view. She has effectively been a qualified Opposition who has questioned the Government line.

IoMG doesn't "do" opposition, from Tynwald down. It's not accustomed to it, doesn't like it and its immediate reaction is/was fairly standard in trying to ignore it in the first instance and then when it didn't go away, attempt to discredit it (look at the DBC/Tribunal verdict reaction for general attitude, for example)

It's a microcosm example of the way Govt operates and it's been brought out into the light now which is something else that Govt is not used to, its policy is usually to stamp it out by bullying or buy it off to keep it quiet.

This is new ground for the Govt now against a qualified and worthy opponent. They are going to be compiling their reactions "on the hoof" now which are going to appear fairly puerile to those interested I'd suggest.

Spot on assessment of our shop window democracy.
The Speaker is now cow towing with question time. 

Scrutiny of our system by anyone is seen as treasonable behaviour by our masters.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, rachomics said:

I think I really have to point out here that the instructions for the aggressive and inconsistent legal letters stating the DHSC position are coming from the Path Lab. Kathryn Magson and the AG's office didn't write them without significant input from the Path lab.

If it isn't Steve Doyle providing those instructions in his capacity as head of the lab (and as a very senior DHSC/Manx Care manager) then that in itself would be a very interesting question for the PAC inquiry to ask. There isn't anyone else I can think of in the "chain of command" that would be providing the detailed versions of events as instructions for the DHSC lawyers/AG.

Although the general consensus is that Doyle is a 'good guy', he has form acting as an enforcer for 'the department'.

1 minute ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Although the general consensus is that Doyle is a 'good guy', he has form acting as an enforcer for 'the department'.

did anyone read all 101 pages ??  🙄      i guess's now he's gone ( that's what i got from wrighty in a previous post )  he is no longer in a position to have to officially talk about what has gone on ?

11 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

It's hardly "form" is it? It's a requirement.

Plus if I remember correctly that whole thing was a shambles that should never have got there as there wasn't a case to answer really.

Do you know Steve Doyle?

5 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

did anyone read all 101 pages ??  🙄      i guess's now he's gone ( that's what i got from wrighty in a previous post )  he is no longer in a position to have to officially talk about what has gone on ?

1st April this function transferred from DHSC to Manx Care so he's now a Manx Care worker not a DHSC worker.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

1st April this function transferred from DHSC to Manx Care so he's now a Manx Care worker not a DHSC worker.

ok, a technicality rather  than a real change then ., cheers.  

Edited by Pipsqueak