IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

European countries will allow UK residents in once vaccinated as several have already announced, Iceland, Greece, Cyprus, Malta,Portugal, Croatia  and Spain will follow soon. Problem will be who’s on green list with speculation most of Europe won’t be at start except Iceland, Gibraltar, also UAE from outside 

Problem is what you arrive to. Even if you get into Spain everything closes at 17.30

11 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You'll have to explain that one John. How does having genomic results enable you to end lock down sooner. Lockdown easing is when you have no cases for a incubation cycle. 

I understand  that you might be able to make association between cases and therefore mark the cases no longer unexplained. I see that benefit. However surely the fact that they have been circulating in the community defeats that benefit as it means there is a strong chance that they will have passed it to someone else. You can never be sure they didn't until you get zero numbers again.

In new Zealand they have only ever had to chase tiny infection trails. Even smaller than ours.

Smaller than ours because they lock on one or two cases. Then they can trace and genome and link to their hearts content. How it works isn’t within my expertise. That it works as I’ve described is incontrovertible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John Wright said:

Problem is what you arrive to. Even if you get into Spain everything closes at 17.30

Only certain areas, Madrid bars open until 10 , Andalusia which includes Malaga 10.30 pm Murcia now 8pm I think but I’m talking post 17/05 when most areas expect to be fully open, lots like Greece, Malta etc have said after 1st May vaccinated uk residents welcome.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only certain areas, Madrid bars open until 10 , Andalusia which includes Malaga 10.30 pm Murcia now 8pm I think but I’m talking post 17/05 when most areas expect to be fully open, lots like Greece, Malta etc have said after 1st May vaccinated uk residents welcome.

Spain is fully expecting to go backwards after Easter

1 minute ago, Banker said:

I’m talking post 17/05 when most areas expect to be fully open, lots like Greece, Malta etc have said after 1st May vaccinated uk residents welcome.

I must be missing something, but who tf would want to go? And what tf would they go for? Pandemics hasn't stopped yet.,

• Like 1

Just now, Barlow said:

I must be missing something, but who tf would want to go? And what tf would they go for? Pandemics hasn't stopped yet.,

You must live a sheltered life, millions will want to travel to warmer climate the same as they used to do , especially if the alternative is an extremely overpriced staycation in UK or Isle of Man in possibly freezing rain!

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

You must live a sheltered life, millions will want to travel to warmer climate the same as they used to do , especially if the alternative is an extremely overpriced staycation in UK or Isle of Man in possibly freezing rain!

You forgot the wind!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Smaller than ours because they lock on one or two cases. Then they can trace and genome and link to their hearts content. How it works isn’t within my expertise. That it works as I’ve described is incontrovertible.

My understanding, albeit from study of the subject many years ago, is that you could demonstrate that it was not linked ( which is useful) but given we it had one index case, it couldn't tell you it was linked. That's because they all are. To make it an explained case you would have to prove a physical connection.

Just now, Happier diner said:

My understanding, albeit from study of the subject many years ago, is that you could demonstrate that it was not linked ( which is useful) but given we it had one index case, it couldn't tell you it was linked. That's because they all are. To make it an explained case you would have to prove a physical connection.

Which is why they lock first and trace and genomic afterwards

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

millions will want to travel to warmer climate the same as they used to do , especially if the alternative is an extremely overpriced staycation in UK or Isle of Man in possibly freezing rain!

Sensible people won't pay for anything in advance. Given the uncertainty.

If things do open up later in the year as you predict then that'll be great. It will be easy enough for people to book a flight (if there are any) and sort out their own accommodation (Airbnb, booking.com etc) based on the latest local information.

Much more sensible than trying to guess in advance.