IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Can someone please clarify the current rules? Are we still supposed to be staying at home other than for exercise and shopping? The meeting with up to 10 people seems to contradict this somehow. 

Well when it all goes tits up again - as it will - then it is the fault of the public.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

This vaccine passport thing is going to set up a 2 tier society. The young ones who won't be vaccinated until last won't be able to go to certain places, how does that thrn work with say jobs? Now if there are 10 people in an office 8 are vaccinated 2 arent what's the issue if 2 aren't vaccinated? 

People were calling those that mentioned things like vaccine passport 6 months ago conspiracy nuts yet here we are. 

12 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Bizarre after she & Ashie basically said they don’t work !! But as Channel Islands are using them we will probably follow suit like we normally do !!

Expect we’ll copy their exit strategies soon and pretend we came up with it😂

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

This vaccine passport thing is going to set up a 2 tier society. The young ones who won't be vaccinated until last won't be able to go to certain places, how does that thrn work with say jobs? Now if there are 10 people in an office 8 are vaccinated 2 arent what's the issue if 2 aren't vaccinated? 

People were calling those that mentioned things like vaccine passport 6 months ago conspiracy nuts yet here we are. 

It’s a little more layered than just the fabled passport.

Negative testing (or a negative result within 36 hours prior) on entry to events and 5 day follow up. 

Positive result proof within a time frame (natural immunity) 

Some of thing things being trialled domestically.

4 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

Negative testing (or a negative result within 36 hours prior) on entry to events and 5 day follow up. 

The foreign travel I can understand as there are countries that are well behind its the things domestically I don't get as long as the vast majority are vaccinated then wheres the issue?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, immortalpuppet said:

It’s a negative test if you’re not fully vaccinated according to BBC , 8000 fans for carabao cup final in 3 weeks 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56630189

6 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

Howard's being cracking the whip this weekend. Dr Glover appears to have him riled. Forcing overtime on his select civil servants to come up with a rebuttal 

He won’t like her tweet from yesterday then😂

This article appears to demonstrate everything I wanted for the Isle of Man’s COVID response with genomics. The New Zealand response appear to vindicate my position on this. Except we’d have been doing it A YEAR AGO.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Bizarre after she & Ashie basically said they don’t work !! But as Channel Islands are using them we will probably follow suit like we normally do !!

Expect we’ll copy their exit strategies soon and pretend we came up with it😂

I mean they have literally spent the last 12 months saying how useless lateral flow tests are. 

9 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

I mean they have literally spent the last 12 months saying how useless lateral flow tests are. 

Lateral flow tests are improving both in terms of sensitivity (i.e. the number of false negative results) and specificity (the number of false positive results) so it makes sense for them to keep reviewing the situation. There will come a point when they have improved enough to make them worthwhile. They would no doubt be criticised if they didn't do that as the tests improve.

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I keep trying to tell Gladys this but i can't get it through. You can't test nothing. 

You're not testing nothing, you're testing people like SP and family, schoolkids.  We also don't know if after the NYE cluster there were asymptomatic people  who spread to other asymptomatic people, because they only were testing against symptoms. 

There is also the possibility that the indicative symptom list is not current. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 6