IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Strange how some on MF and elsewhere are concerned about allowing travel to U.K. soon but Channel Islands prepares for travel restrictions to some areas without quarantine from 26/04. Guess who’s on red list at the moment, Isle of Man 😀

image.thumb.png.ec792c8db0081d340e22ee8c10b776f7.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You're not testing nothing, you're testing people like SP and family, schoolkids.  We also don't know if after the NYE cluster there were asymptomatic people  who spread to other asymptomatic people, because they only were testing against symptoms. 

There is also the possibility that the indicative symptom list is not current. 

There's no way we had a load of asymptomatic people for over a month.   All passing it round each other and no one got ill.  It's just impossible.

The outbreak at the end of February shows that.

22 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

There's no way we had a load of asymptomatic people for over a month.   All passing it round each other and no one got ill.  It's just impossible.

The outbreak at the end of February shows that.

Does it? There were those who thought that it was circulating asymptomatically fir months last year, that would be impossible. 

considering how many people out of the  active cases and isolation folks we had a few weeks back that ended up  in hospital, and the even fewer that ended up in ICU  it is very easy to think that over 50% of people had no idea they had it and maybe 40%  that had minor symptoms would think they just had the flu or a cold as they weren't rushed into hospital.   if the virus is/was as easy to catch as we are led to believe then all the 100's in isolation would also have likely had the virus too from their contact with virus carriers, i think lots of people have had the virus without knowing, it would be interesting to test EVERYONE that has not been vaccinated and see how many are already carrying the antibodies because they have already had it without realising.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

considering how many people out of the  active cases and isolation folks we had a few weeks back that ended up  in hospital, and the even fewer that ended up in ICU  it is very easy to think that over 50% of people had no idea they had it and maybe 40%  that had minor symptoms would think they just had the flu or a cold as they weren't rushed into hospital.   if the virus is/was as easy to catch as we are led to believe then all the 100's in isolation would also have likely had the virus too from their contact with virus carriers, i think lots of people have had the virus without knowing, it would be interesting to test EVERYONE that has not been vaccinated and see how many are already carrying the antibodies because they have already had it without realising.

We still haven't any idea (we, being the public) how many of the 20 odd in hospital were there because they had COVID, and how many just happened to test positive on admission for something else.

My gut feeling is that quite a lot were people who didn't know they had it but tested positive on admission, and that that was a consequence of it actually being pretty widespread in the community.

All largely irrelevant now so many are vaccinated.  The situation is improving and the risk of any further outbreak is decreasing everyday.  What happened three weeks ago, six weeks ago, at Christmas or last year isn't really relevant to what could happen in the future anymore.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

The antibody testing was abandoned because it had no real use.  That may be true, but much like everything else in this,  there seems to be a desire not to have information.   I am not getting it.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Turn it in ffs.

Stay in your lead lined bunker.

Not a lead lined bunker, just my home.

I'll certainly not be responsible for spreading the virus or causing any further lockdowns. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Not a lead lined bunker, just my home.

I'll certainly not be responsible for spreading the virus or causing any further lockdowns. 

ironically if the virus was spread as fast as possible, there would likely have been 1 lockdown way too late to stop the spread  and this would all have been over a lot sooner, but with a likely increase in the mortality rate.  it was a balance between  higher death rates against wasting a year and counting of everyones lives and the powers that be decided what would be the greater good,  for the 99% of folks that wouldn't die from covid throwing 1 in  100 under a bus many will feel like  taking a year out of their lives was a waste of time, on the flip side how could any government say tough shit we're doing nothing and let darwin and natural selection take over and  pick up the bits with who is left standing, but as most governemnts are made up of vulnerable oldies this was never going to be an option on the self preservation front and the humanitarian front,  the hidden deaths with all the folks that will have died and will die from lack of cancer or other life saving treatments will never  accurately be known but even skelly would be pulling low numbers out of his arse for the first time ever if a guess was required. 

• Like 1