IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Pipsqueak said:

ironically if the virus was spread as fast as possible, there would likely have been 1 lockdown way too late to stop the spread  and this would all have been over a lot sooner, but with a likely increase in the mortality rate.  it was a balance between  higher death rates against wasting a year and counting of everyones lives and the powers that be decided what would be the greater good, for the 99% of folks that wouldn't die from covid throwing 1 in  100 under a bus many will feel like  taking a year out of their lives was a waste of time, on the flip side how could any government say tough shit we're doing nothing and let darwin and natural selection take over and  pick up the bits with who is left standing, but as most governemnts are made up of vulnerable oldies this was never going to be an option on the self preservation front and the humanitarian front,  the hidden deaths with all the folks that will have died and will die from lack of cancer or other life saving treatments will never  accurately be known but even skelly would be pulling low numbers out of his arse for the first time ever if a guess was required. 

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Have you got Pongo & teapot in the bunker 😂

I am sorry but Covid fatality in the world has been 0.15% of the infected; not 1% as you state in your posting above. The paper below has been accepted for publication in the European Journal of Clinical Investigation:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eci.13554

In Europe the IFR has been double than the world average, but this because of a disproportionate number of infections in hospitals and care homes; due to the utter mismanagement of the risks associated with the pandemic.

If I though I had 1% chance of dying from Covid, I would have stayed at home (I didn't).

147537465_Screenshotfrom2021-04-0422-42-58.thumb.jpg.3558836a68be062853a7865b020e23b7.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, piebaps said:

Hi everyone. Nothing to add, just wanted to be on page 2000.:D

. . . . and Iv'e nothing further to add, Chief Minister. You have covered everything there. (And I still don't know how to turn on my Computer.)   Thank you.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

What does it mean Banker? You seem very happy about it, but do you know what it means?

It means the idiots wanting lockdown to continue forever will be crying in their bunkers 😂.

On a more serious note I expect the revised exit strategy due back in Tynwald in April sitting will be more realistic & possibly mirror the Channel Islands with traffic light system.

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

It means the idiots wanting lockdown to continue forever will be crying in their bunkers 😂

Where are the idiots wanting lockdown forever? They don't exist. Your comment just exemplifies your typical, sensationalist dilemma-ism that you continue to carpet-bomb the thread with...

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Banker said:

It means the idiots wanting lockdown to continue forever will be crying in their bunkers 😂.

On a more serious note I expect the revised exit strategy due back in Tynwald in April sitting will be more realistic & possibly mirror the Channel Islands with traffic light system.

If we have to wait until the most vulnerable are vaccinated (meaning both vaccines) that means we could be in some sort of lockdown until at least June/July?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you can't answer the question. That's not a surprise.

There was an article on the Guardian yesterday describing the traffic light system as 'too simplistic' and that it won't work. We already know it doesn't work from Jerseys cancelled christmas, but hey, just ignore that yeah?

• Like 1

Just watching something where Doctor is advocating almost enforced home testing each day.  With a 40% failure rate too.  Discussions about it being "our duty" to do it.

Scary stuff just how paranoid governments have made people.  It's as insane as telling people you can't go in shops etc without some sort of covid passport.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

If we have to wait until the most vulnerable are vaccinated (meaning both vaccines) that means we could be in some sort of lockdown until at least June/July?

That's not true.  The people who are actually truly vulnerable have been vaccinated both jabs.  Certainly most have the next few weeks will pick up the rest.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So you can't answer the question. That's not a surprise.

There was an article on the Guardian yesterday describing the traffic light system as 'too simplistic' and that it won't work. We already know it doesn't work from Jerseys cancelled christmas, but hey, just ignore that yeah?

The traffic light system seems to be a waste of time to me.  Either you're open or you're not.  

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's not true.  The people who are actually truly vulnerable have been vaccinated both jabs.  Certainly most have the next few weeks will pick up the rest.

11 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The correct terminology is that the extremely clinically vulnerable have had two shots. Everyone O50 is classed as vulnerable.

However you might argue that the 70% or whatever protection  1 shot gives to the plain vulnerable (especially the much reduced chance of serious illness/death) combined with the 2 jabbed extremely vulnerable is justification to move a few bigger baby steps forward.

• Like 1