IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

50 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

So you can't answer the question. That's not a surprise.

There was an article on the Guardian yesterday describing the traffic light system as 'too simplistic' and that it won't work. We already know it doesn't work from Jerseys cancelled christmas, but hey, just ignore that yeah?

Maybe traffic light systems are not ideal but they are going to be used by U.K.  as will be announced today, Channel Islands as already announced with both Islands allowing travel from 26th April based on system.

The shit system we have of 14 days quarantine from wherever you travel doesn’t really work either as evidenced by cancelled Easter , just ignore that yeah!! 

here’s how it works in Jersey, Guernsey similar 

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-03-19/traffic-light-system-returns-to-allow-travel-between-jersey-and-the-british-isles-from-26-april

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Where are the idiots wanting lockdown forever? They don't exist. Your comment just exemplifies your typical, sensationalist dilemma-ism that you continue to carpet-bomb the thread with...

i think the idiots are the ones that still believe the original bullshit of virus elimination and not returning to normal until its gone.  even the powers that be now realise that will never be the case and the goal posts have been moved , unfortunately the foil hat brigade that are unaffected by lockdown are still wanting the elimination goal to be applied and they aren't getting it in either sense.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Maybe traffic light systems are not ideal but they are going to be used by U.K.  as will be announced today, Channel Islands as already announced with both Islands allowing travel from 26th April based on system.

thank  fuck its a traffic light system ,  if it was a roundabout system we'd be well and truly fucked over here.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Pipsqueak said:

i think the idiots are the ones that still believe the original bullshit of virus elimination and not returning to normal until its gone.  even the powers that be now realise that will never be the case and the goal posts have been moved , unfortunately the foil hat brigade that are unaffected by lockdown are still wanting the elimination goal to be applied and they aren't getting it in either sense.

This is a weird take.

Generally the foil hats are the ones who don't think there even is a virus, and that this is all part of something else.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

The shit system we have of 14 days quarantine from wherever you travel doesn’t really work either as evidenced by cancelled Easter , just ignore that yeah!! 

here’s how it works in Jersey, Guernsey similar 

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-03-19/traffic-light-system-returns-to-allow-travel-between-jersey-and-the-british-isles-from-26-april

Ok Mr Banker... family - A spend a week with relatives in a green spot and family B spend a week in a red spot. They both drive back to Heysham and mix on the boat as they know each other. What happens back at Douglas on Arrival? Same could be said for similar groups coming cack on the same flight.

Edited by Major Rushen
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is a weird take.

Generally the foil hats are the ones who don't think there even is a virus, and that this is all part of something else.

foil hats are the norm at both ends of the spectrum.      if it has wiped out some of your friends or family it becomes the worst thing ever ,  if none of your family have even had a cough it becomes what the fuck is everyone worried about.  

• Like 5

Remember when at the beginning of all this it was about protecting the nhs. Not eliminating the virus, not making sure nobody ever got ill or died. Well now in the UK with at least half the population vaccinated, hospital numbers next to nothing and here pretty much the same why is there any form of restrictions? And if you question any of it you're labelled an anti vaxxer granny killer.

As I've said before all rationale seems to have been lost and nobody actually knows what thr plan is anymore 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Ok Mr Banker... family - A spend a week with relatives in a green spot and family B spend a week in a red spot. They both drive back to Heysham and mix on the boat as they know each other. What happens back a Douglas on Arrival? Same could be said for similar groups coming cack on the same flight.

Same as happens in most countries that adopt system it’s partly on trust, as I said it’s not ideal but better than the one we have going forward which is why better governments than ours have introduced it .

I fully expect we will adopt something similar 

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's not true.  The people who are actually truly vulnerable have been vaccinated both jabs.  Certainly most have the next few weeks will pick up the rest.

Not according to the vaccine dashboard, most of the 70-74 age group are still waiting for their second vaccination, the 16-65 clinically vulnerable are still waiting for theirs, so will be until at least May/June.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's not true.  The people who are actually truly vulnerable have been vaccinated both jabs.  Certainly most have the next few weeks will pick up the rest.

I happen to agree with your sentiments, however the government define 50 and above as the vulnerable group. I am in the last 'vulnerable' group and my second jab is due at the end of June. I think we can expect the borders to loosen to a practically usable level sometime in July.

1 minute ago, Out of the blue said:

I happen to agree with your sentiments, however the government define 50 and above as the vulnerable group. I am in the last 'vulnerable' group and my second jab is due at the end of June. I think we can expect the borders to loosen to a practically usable level sometime in July.

Yes, target is all over 50s at least one jab by mid April. Obviously there’s always some who will refuse for various reasons, some of my mums friends aged c90 said they just couldn’t be bothered with hassle & possible side effects at their age.

26 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Ok Mr Banker... family - A spend a week with relatives in a green spot and family B spend a week in a red spot. They both drive back to Heysham and mix on the boat as they know each other. What happens back at Douglas on Arrival? Same could be said for similar groups coming cack on the same flight.

That's quite easy to answer.  What should happen in Douglas on arrival is simple.

Absolutely nothing should happen because we should all be acting and living normally.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

foil hats are the norm at both ends of the spectrum.      if it has wiped out some of your friends or family it becomes the worst thing ever ,  if none of your family have even had a cough it becomes what the fuck is everyone worried about.  

.......... and that's why we elect governments, Democracy!

( tho they don't always get it right?)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Same as happens in most countries that adopt system it’s partly on trust, as I said it’s not ideal but better than the one we have going forward which is why better governments than ours have introduced it .

I fully expect we will adopt something similar 

Looking at Guernsey in detail they have a travel tracker system to underpin the 'trust'. 

This page was last updated on 31 March 2021 at 11:00hrs.

Anyone arriving into the Bailiwick will need to create a Travel Tracker account and register their journey. The only exemption to this is intra-Bailiwick flights. 

If your travel is disrupted and you need to amend your travel history you can go online to the Travel Tracker and register a new journey. On the day of travel your updated journey will be at the top of the list of planned journeys.

No matter what category country or region you are travelling from, you will need to create a Travel Tracker account. This includes travellers who have been given an exemption – more information is available below. The only exemption to this is intra-Bailiwick flights.

Anyone aged 18 and over, and children aged between 12 and 17 who are travelling unaccompanied, must create their own account.

Children aged 17 and under who are travelling with an adult, should be included within their account. Children under the age of 12 will not be tested on arrival, but will have a test on Day 7 if applicable.

If you are travelling as a family or group, children can only be registered on one adult’s account.

Once you have an account, you will be able to register your journey(s) and your self-administered test(s) on arrival. A journey cannot be registered until 2 calendar days before you are due to arrive in the Bailiwick.

If you are unable to create an account and register your journey ahead of arriving in Guernsey, there will be kiosks at both the airport and harbour where you will be able to complete the process. Support staff will be available to help anyone who is unclear on what they need to do.

If your travel is disrupted and you need to amend your travel history you can go online to the Travel Tracker and register a new journey. On the day of travel your updated journey will be at the top of the list of planned journeys.

The categorisation of a country or region at the time you register your journey will determine your self-isolation requirements. Therefore, if a country/region you have visited moves from Category 3 to 4 after you have registered your journey, you will not be subject to a mandatory minimum 14-day self-isolation period. Similarly, if a country/region moves from Category 4 to 3 after you have registered your journey, you will still have a mandatory minimum 14-day self-isolation period. Please note, if you decline to take a day 13 test to leave isolation on day 14, you will have to self-isolate for a further 7 days (21 days in total).