IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's quite easy to answer.  What should happen in Douglas on arrival is simple.

Absolutely nothing should happen because we should all be acting and living normally.

to be fair,  there's fuck all much happens in douglas anyway these days, it's a lifeless shithole.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

That's not true.  The people who are actually truly vulnerable have been vaccinated both jabs.  Certainly most have the next few weeks will pick up the rest.

I'm one of the vulnerable and don't get my second jab until the second week in May!

8 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Looking at Guernsey in detail they have a travel tracker system to underpin the 'trust'. 

This page was last updated on 31 March 2021 at 11:00hrs.

Anyone arriving into the Bailiwick will need to create a Travel Tracker account and register their journey. The only exemption to this is intra-Bailiwick flights. 

If your travel is disrupted and you need to amend your travel history you can go online to the Travel Tracker and register a new journey. On the day of travel your updated journey will be at the top of the list of planned journeys.

No matter what category country or region you are travelling from, you will need to create a Travel Tracker account. This includes travellers who have been given an exemption – more information is available below. The only exemption to this is intra-Bailiwick flights.

Anyone aged 18 and over, and children aged between 12 and 17 who are travelling unaccompanied, must create their own account.

Children aged 17 and under who are travelling with an adult, should be included within their account. Children under the age of 12 will not be tested on arrival, but will have a test on Day 7 if applicable.

If you are travelling as a family or group, children can only be registered on one adult’s account.

Once you have an account, you will be able to register your journey(s) and your self-administered test(s) on arrival. A journey cannot be registered until 2 calendar days before you are due to arrive in the Bailiwick.

If you are unable to create an account and register your journey ahead of arriving in Guernsey, there will be kiosks at both the airport and harbour where you will be able to complete the process. Support staff will be available to help anyone who is unclear on what they need to do.

If your travel is disrupted and you need to amend your travel history you can go online to the Travel Tracker and register a new journey. On the day of travel your updated journey will be at the top of the list of planned journeys.

The categorisation of a country or region at the time you register your journey will determine your self-isolation requirements. Therefore, if a country/region you have visited moves from Category 3 to 4 after you have registered your journey, you will not be subject to a mandatory minimum 14-day self-isolation period. Similarly, if a country/region moves from Category 4 to 3 after you have registered your journey, you will still have a mandatory minimum 14-day self-isolation period. Please note, if you decline to take a day 13 test to leave isolation on day 14, you will have to self-isolate for a further 7 days (21 days in total). 

It’s similar to the arrival form you complete for IOM , you put in where you’ve been etc but no one can check it, when we were doing the 7 day testing last year I had only been in Liverpool area but could have gone to USA etc if permitted in.

35 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I happen to agree with your sentiments, however the government define 50 and above as the vulnerable group. I am in the last 'vulnerable' group and my second jab is due at the end of June. I think we can expect the borders to loosen to a practically usable level sometime in July.

The government should be drawing a line in the sand now on that one so people and businesses can function as normal.  End of June seems logical.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Black Mirror said:

I am sorry but Covid fatality in the world has been 0.15% of the infected

..........and this highlights the irrational response world-wide to this virus.  To use a military analogy, a nuclear warhead has been used to take out a field kitchen.

The last few pages of this forum alone highlights how 'we' are continuing to be bogged down in the minutiae of numbers vaccinated/which age groups/does this test or that test work best. Meanwhile, the insanity of politicians continues unabated.  The DT, in the past 12 hours, has carried a report on testing twice a week and a report about an app for 'grandparents' to ensure they don't allow their contaminated grandchildren into the house.

This is now beyond the realms of Orwellian or even Pythonesque; this is truly in the territory of irrational behavior that has  permeated every level of government to the exclusion of any contrary voices, opinions or ideas.

Once the vaccination programme is complete - then that it is.  Live with it or lump it but this madness has to stop.

Edited by Utah 01
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

..........and this highlights the irrational response world-wide to this virus.  To use a military analogy, a nuclear warhead has been used to take out a field kitchen.

The last few pages of this forum alone highlights how 'we' are continuing to be bogged down in the minutiae of numbers vaccinated/which age groups/does this test or that test work best. Meanwhile, the insanity of politicians continues unabated.  The DT, in the past 12 hours, has carried a report on testing twice a week and a report about an app for 'grandparents' to ensure they don't allow their contaminated grandchildren into the house.

This is now beyond the realms of Orwellian or even Pythonesque; this is truly in the territory of irrational behavior that has  permeated every level of government to the exclusion of any contrary voices, opinions or ideas.

Once the vaccination programme is complete - then that it is.  Live with it or lump it but this madness has to stop.

Aye, and hurry up and get the pub's open!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

3 hours ago, Banker said:

I wish MR would link these 'news items' to the press briefing rather than imply they are new announcements.   

Manx Radio is earning it's £1miilion per annum the Isle of Man Government pays it, as The Nation's Station.

I heard this 'news' this morning and wondered if I had missed a briefing yesterday. Out of context it is bollocks

It is like the Mark Lewin/James Davis show when it was proclaimed that we couldn't stay in lockdown forever. I never heard anyone say that, but the hyperbowl was served.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s similar to the arrival form you complete for IOM , you put in where you’ve been etc but no one can check it, when we were doing the 7 day testing last year I had only been in Liverpool area but could have gone to USA etc if permitted in.

So really the traffic light system only works for a country. Pointless breaking the U.K. into regions if everyone is travelling back on a boat for hours and mixing. Option is just open up and if the hospital gets full make it one way no arrivals until there are more beds.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

So really the traffic light system only works for a country. Pointless breaking the U.K. into regions if everyone is travelling back on a boat for hours and mixing. Option is just open up and if the hospital gets full make it one way no arrivals until there are more beds.

That’s another strategy, of course the U.K. at 50 per 100k infections are a lot lower than ours!