IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

It was an extremely silly idea, even for its initial purpose, and a particularly odd one for someone whose job was mainly dealing with visitors to the Island. 

At the time the brewery, with assistance from police, issued each pub manager with a rogues gallery of people who were banned from their pubs. Not being brewery owned, The Sefton (Tramshunters) became the go to place for the drunken arseholes. Not the sort of clientele the Hotel wanted. 

It was a sledgehammer to try and crack a nut but the possibilities of such an ID scheme were endless and the hotel manager could wax lyrical about it all. Some of his ideas were mooted when he became a politician and touched upon at such as The Big Conversation that was organised (and orchestrated I would add) throughout various venues of the Isle of Man.

When one person gets ideas above their station and particularly below their worth, the system will eventually pull them down. Having ridden rather high on the Tynwald Ego trip, the lad is indeed in the wilderness these days,

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

..dealing with visitors to the Island. 

The visitors could access the pub with their hotel swipe card, The public would apply for similar. It was a good idea, certainly in theory.

Edited by Barlow

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't think so...we'd be at least 200+ marshals down with the majority of all marshals requiring training updates...and have nowhere near enough medical cover.

A massive festival then.  Loads would have still come.

If they had banged the vaccines out at the rate they are now when we first got them, instead of waiting to build hubs etc, and then put a sensible testing policy in place it was obvious at the end of last year that by April things would be able to open up again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I heard the public mouth piece spouting the vaccination cracking on over Easter, If I am wrong I apologise but to me it looked as if the Chester Street clinic was locked and closed over most if not all of Easter.

According to the dashboard not used on Saturday or Sunday (about 400 done each day elsewhere), but 800 done there Friday and 1162 yesterday.

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

A massive festival then.  Loads would have still come.

If they had banged the vaccines out at the rate they are now when we first got them, instead of waiting to build hubs etc, and then put a sensible testing policy in place it was obvious at the end of last year that by April things would be able to open up again.

Where are you able to draw that conclusion from? We can only vaccinate the number we have vaccine for. We could have done 1000 a day for 1 or 2 days a week in the early days. Then close down for 5 or 6 days. We’d still be no farther on than now.

23 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

This will effectively be done & dusted by the end of May.

I love your optimism.

Sadly I don't fully share it. While things will be a bit more sensible here and the UK this global pandemic has a long way still to run.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

According to the latest 7 day rolling U.K. stats, you have less than a 0.05% chance of contracting the virus currently (per 100k people) & less than a 0.03% chance of dying with Covid.

This will effectively be done & dusted by the end of May.

Whilst I share your impatience, in many ways, I think you are unrealistic.

if we get supply there’s every chance that everyone over 16 will have been vaccinated once by end August and all over 50’s will have had two doses by the same date.

So I’d expect Common Travel Area ( excluding Ireland ) arrivals to be unrestricted by then, assuming UK and CI continue their current trend. For everywhere else I’d expect a traffic light scheme to be used aligned to that of UK, with isolation in the UK.

There'll still be landing permissions required. And ID requirements.

Its what they’ll do in the next 5 months as they open slowly. Don’t expect any change until end June.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Whilst I share your impatience, in many ways, I think you are unrealistic.

if we get supply there’s every chance that everyone over 16 will have been vaccinated once by end August and all over 50’s will have had two doses by the same date.

So I’d expect Common Travel Area ( excluding Ireland ) arrivals to be unrestricted by then, assuming UK and CI continue their current trend. For everywhere else I’d expect a traffic light scheme to be used aligned to that of UK, with isolation in the UK.

There'll still be landing permissions required. And ID requirements.

Its what they’ll do in the next 5 months as they open slowly. Don’t expect any change until end June.

I don’t think they can keep borders closed until August if UK & Channel Islands fully open, hopefully when they return with more realistic exit plan at April Tynwald we will see some proper dates/data.

I still think they will copy Channel Islands exit strategy who are allowing travel from 26/04 based on traffic light system.

The shite strategy launched by Mark Lewin which was roundly panned will hopefully be binned 

57 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Yeh, you're wrong.  Surprise surprise.

48 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

piss off tit

Lol, Terry the tit.

I think Tel plays an essential role on this board and I am unanimous about that 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

Lol, Terry the tit.

I think Tel plays an essential role on this board and I am unanimous about that 😁

Reclaiming his title of 'most wrong about everything ever' from Dilli.

Although Banker is pushing hard.

• Like 1