IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

But the schools are back on 13th albeit not all pupils.

You are probably right on isolation but Ashford said the data would be considered & if UK rates continue to plummet there’s no reason for 14/21 days when our peers are doing negative test on arrival & you’re free. We need a proper risk based arrival system.

Just 2 years are back on 13th

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Sewage would be no good for us because of people isolating in their own homes.  A positive test might be from one of them (not a problem) or from someone you didn't know about (bad).  Given that they don't even know where half the pipes are (see the Prom) I doubt they'd be reliable about being able to split thee cases.

If you're going to used 'pooled' testing you don't need the speed of response of the lateral flow tests, you can just use normal PCR ones, which are much more reliable.  In practice PCR is now cheap and fast enough that pooling isn't really required.

True. Perhaps the sewage monitoring is about levels. So yes, its correct you wouldn't get zero if you have isolators and that's a valid point. However if you had a daily reading of concentration of virus in the pooperooney then it might tell you if infection rates were going up or down.

We could get @Gladysto take some extra samples of poop for genomic sequencing:sweat:

Just now, Happier diner said:

Years 11 and 13 but in that's in addition to selected primary pupils.

It’s still only about 10%. Stop bigging it up. You’re just as bad as those who want to stay in lockdown. I’m being pragmatic and reporting the facts reasonably. You’re just delivering hyperbowl by misrepresentation.

• Thanks 2

My prediction based on nothing other than the previous lockdowns

Schools and retail fully open 19th April

Hairdressers beauty pubs hospitality open the 26th, however with the Bank Holiday weekend it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they left pubs until the 3rd May.

Like I say simply my outlook on it. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

He didn’t say it doesn’t, he said there was not enough evidence as yet.

I think I made the poi t many moons ago that vaccinated persons could still carry. The key is that the likelihood of catching it off a vaccinated person is much lower. Its basic biology.

The virus invades your body whether you are vaccinated or not. The vaccine is not a barrier.. A vaccinated persons immune system will set to it more quickly and start zapping the virus before it multiplies to a great extent. An un vaccinated persons system might allow the virus to multiply to a greater extent before the immune system fights back. Your infectivity is proportional to the amount of virus in you so it's all adds up really.

It will be possible but much less likely and for a much shorter period to transmit the virus. That's why travel firms and countries want vaccination passports. Its not a guarantee but lowers the risk. Probably at least 4 fold.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s still only about 10%. Stop bigging it up. You’re just as bad as those who want to stay in lockdown. I’m being pragmatic and reporting the facts reasonably. You’re just delivering hyperbowl by misrepresentation.

No way. I was just correcting you as you were slightly incorrect. Only slightly. 

FTR I support your pragmatism:D

Edited by Happier diner

28 minutes ago, quilp said:

Israeli research suggests that vaccinated persons who become infected with covid appear to have 4 times less viral load than those not vaccinated...

https://m.jpost.com/health-science/covid-19-vaccine-seems-to-reduce-viral-load-transmission-israeli-study-664181

That would make sense to me. 

22 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Perhaps you could explain it to me then. After all i am paying you.

I’m not really sure I could explain it to you however much you paid me. A certain level of , how shall I put this, intelligence is required.

This is by no means meant as an insult. We all have different strengths.

On 12/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, Happier diner said:

I reckon you have misunderstood the vaccine. Vaccines work by teaching the body an immune response. Whether or not it prevents transmission is NOT KNOWN. It is not true that we know it does not prevent transmission, just that the medics are not sure that it does just yet. All other vaccines in history did so chance is it will but we will see.

When we are vaccinated, virus still invade our system. However they do not establish themselves because our immune system attacks them and kills them off.

I have been saying this for a while.

30 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

True. Perhaps the sewage monitoring is about levels. So yes, its correct you wouldn't get zero if you have isolators and that's a valid point. However if you had a daily reading of concentration of virus in the pooperooney then it might tell you if infection rates were going up or down.

We could get @Gladysto take some extra samples of poop for genomic sequencing:sweat:

They should test the water in Laxey Bay. Might stop the swimmers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2