IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Does anyone know if there is any financial help to support those made to work from home ? Presumably there must be some sort of scheme for civil servants etc.

Electricity and heating bill especially.

27 minutes ago, Apple said:

Does anyone know if there is any financial help to support those made to work from home ? Presumably there must be some sort of scheme for civil servants etc.

Electricity and heating bill especially.

No. Civil servants do not get any financial support for heating and electricity while working from home. 

• Like 1

When he says 250k to 1 chance of getting blood clots is that the actual chance of dying as a result or is that just the chance of blood clots occurring? It's just that he also said there's a 35k to one chance of this happening from taking the contraceptive pill. I can't believe that's the chance of actually dying as a result. Or is it?

1 minute ago, the stinking enigma said:

When he says 250k to 1 chance of getting blood clots is that the actual chance of dying as a result or is that just the chance of blood clots occurring?

And a follow up question: Do those numbers relate to dying of a blood clot or dying with one?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

When he says 250k to 1 chance of getting blood clots is that the actual chance of dying as a result or is that just the chance of blood clots occurring? It's just that he also said there's a 35k to one chance of this happening from taking the contraceptive pill. I can't believe that's the chance of actually dying as a result. Or is it?

More chances of drowning in bath apparently 😀

54 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie also indicated non essential shops could reopen next week but instead changed that to just hardware & building merchants so B& Q etc, it’s just ridiculous and shows the negative brigade are holding sway still 

It’s quite clearly not in the community.....again in reality nothing has really changed 

1. Kids of key workers instead of secretly being looked after in the nsc will now go into school

2. B&q which you could shop on line and collect from you can now go into....

3. Teachers go in on Monday to prepare for the next week.....of normal school...pretty sure they don’t get this luxury normally, so you can guarantee there will be next to no home schooling going on.

apart from that we are all still stuck in our homes being told it is doing us a favour, and then we are back out like normal from 19th?hmmm I’m not sure keeping us locked away for another 9 days is really going to change the land scape of things it just makes the figures look less....

it’s all granny farming the other day he said non essential shops like fabric shops I can think of two on the island and I don’t think I have ever been to one....so why does he bring that up as a good example?  Because he is pandering to a specific demographic forgetting that he is screwing over the people that will have to pay for it all

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Kopek said:

He probably understood it but chose not to answer! Usual diatribe and then unanswered.

Re the 'clots', Paul M asked when the people who cancel, when will they get another chance? No answer!

Yes, DA said you will not be prioritised if you miss your vax.  PM asked what did that mean, going to the bottom of the list?  In reply, DA said everything except what it meant. 

24 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It’s quite clearly not in the community.....again in reality nothing has really changed 

1. Kids of key workers instead of secretly being looked after in the nsc will now go into school

2. B&q which you could shop on line and collect from you can now go into....

3. Teachers go in on Monday to prepare for the next week.....of normal school...pretty sure they don’t get this luxury normally, so you can guarantee there will be next to no home schooling going on.

apart from that we are all still stuck in our homes being told it is doing us a favour, and then we are back out like normal from 19th?hmmm I’m not sure keeping us locked away for another 9 days is really going to change the land scape of things it just makes the figures look less....

it’s all granny farming the other day he said non essential shops like fabric shops I can think of two on the island and I don’t think I have ever been to one....so why does he bring that up as a good example?  Because he is pandering to a specific demographic forgetting that he is screwing over the people that will have to pay for it all

Did not understand why hardware shops and not, say, furniture shops or bookshops?  Just seemed very random. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did not understand why hardware shops and not, say, furniture shops or bookshops?  Just seemed very random. 

Could the reason be that if we open up the retail sector too soon we may overwhelm the track and trace teams in trying to identify where and how any new cases are coming from ? Just a suggestion but maybe they should explain the rationale for it as that would help.