IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Itsmeee said:

Can I add  ‘we are not yet ready’ to the briefing bullshit bingo card?

I've bagsied "...............Thank you" for Henny and "Thats a good question" from Allinson. Although Allinson has stated with the "..................Thank you" as well.

Ashford has a rare skill of being able to recite, over and over, the same reply. Bores me to death. He could just say "I just answered that...........Thank you"

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

That would be telling.

Yours

David

But being serious. The Guernsey thing is not without flaw. But unlike ours at least they have been absolutely clear (granular) reference on the levels and the rules. No nonsense 3A's, but depending on data, ..... blah blah blah. At least their population know, in advance of the requirements. They can make plans at their own risks. We sit on a pile of subjective statements that gives no confidence or hope.

Spot on there. I am usually a glass half full person and despite considerable personal loss over the last year have managed to remain fairly positive that the IOM government would see sense eventually and open up. However, this week, I am beginning to feel despair. I have not seen my elderly father for 17 months, and am beginning to wonder if I ever will. And don’t give me all that Karen shit about being able to leave the island any time I want. The hoops you have to jump through and the expense of self isolation away from one’s family make the notion that I’m free to travel a complete nonsense. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

I think there is the facility to charge 'Foreigners' for medical treatment, though this may be waived as a gesture of goodwill?

The crew of the Russian boat probably have private medical insurance, so perhaps, a charge should be levied?

Anyone is entitled to receive emergency treatment free of charge in A+E, but if further treatment is required (i.e admission to hospital, or follow up with either GP or Hospital) then a charge should be made for that, unless the person is registered with a GP in the UK. Of course, what constitutes an emergency is open to interpretation.

20 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

am beginning to feel despair. I have not seen my elderly father for 17 months, and am beginning to wonder if I ever will. And don’t give me all that Karen shit about being able to leave the island any time I want. The hoops you have to jump through and the expense of self isolation away from one’s family make the notion that I’m free to travel a complete nonsense. 

That’s Pongo & Cambon normal response to anyone who wants to see borders policy eased in line with similar jurisdictions 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Fair play the vaccination people literally in and out in 5 mins at most....but why is Chester street set up to take what looks like 100s if not 1000s but I could literally count the amount of people getting vaccinated on one hand 

If we get lots more traffic through the airport I am not sure that one will be able to stay open, having been in the airport one it appeared much more cramped than the Chester Street one looks, perhaps the plan is to just have Chester Street going forward.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

drjekyllandmrhyde1941.jpg

How many fingers is "Great Manx Public?"

Edited by Barlow