IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Meoir Shee said:

This is the bit I don’t understand, if 30+ kids can be in an enclosed space from the 19th, why can’t everything else open at the same time.  1,000 kids+ can go in the school canteen but you have to queue outside the chippy.

It’s the same stupid rules which say 100s can go into B&Q & buy all sorts but you can’t buy a new coat except online!

I don’t understand why some one when they are dreaming up these things around a table doesn’t put their hands up and say “ do we want to think about the rules and what we are saying as we keep getting called out on it” and then someone else saying “ no don’t be daft nobody is going to pick holes in our silly rules”

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

The problem of the IOM where you can, if you make most noise

the IOM where the retards in charge who have no fucking clue what the public have been told and don't want to know if they were told incorrect information. nothing to see or hear here  due to convenient technical difficulties that won't identify or embarrass the person informing callers with the incorrect information that somebody further up the food chain gave them to parrot out in the first place, piss up , brewery,   move along QUIETLY.    i hope she gets someone to licence and microchip the dog (s) for her so the retaliation squad have one less target to aim at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

And, yet, for all your scorn, they’ve done much better than the UK, the EU, indeed better than 90% of the jurisdictions of the world.

Fully accept there have been cockups, and it’s probably been mainly down to luck than judgement.

And of course, there should be transparency, and the advice, and evidence the advice was predicated upon, should be published in précis a week or 14 days behind and in full within 6-13 weeks.

Listen John, I’m happy to accept any decision (within reason) or restriction they place upon us provided the science, data or advice that those directives are based upon are in the public realm.

This nonsense (hiding behind CoMin confidentiality) has been going on for months now.

We are now at the stage where the U.K. & CI are opening up.

There better be some cast iron reasoning why we shouldn’t be following suit. That’s all my friends & business peers are asking. Is that so unreasonable?

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not going to comment on the last few pages but having just spent half an hour browsing social media, it would appear pressure is mounting to get the borders open.

A couple of months ago the majority seemed fairly happy.  That really doesn’t appear to be the case now with what only appears a small number not expecting an open border soon, or at the very least an indication of what they want to see before that happens.

I really don’t see how they can justify restrictions on top of what the rest of The British Isles will have.

Pressure is mounting and they need to sort it out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Listen John, I’m happy to accept any decision (within reason) or restriction they place upon us provided the science, data or advice that those directives are based upon are in the public realm.

This nonsense (hiding behind CoMin confidentiality) has been going on for months now.

We are now at the stage where the U.K. & CI are opening up.

There better be some cast iron reasoning why we shouldn’t be following suit. That’s all my & many, many of my friends & business peers are asking. Is that so unreasonable?

So, then, we don’t disagree. But you wouldn’t know it from the tone and content of your posts.

14 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Not going to comment on the last few pages but having just spent half an hour browsing social media, it would appear pressure is mounting to get the borders open.

A couple of months ago the majority seemed fairly happy.  That really doesn’t appear to be the case now with what only appears a small number not expecting an open border soon, or at the very least an indication of what they want to see before that happens.

I really don’t see how they can justify restrictions on top of what the rest of The British Isles will have.

Pressure is mounting and they need to sort it out.

The natives are growing restless. Up the revolution. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I didn’t get a reply. Which says it all.  I have actually gone to the level of my friend from a different school gives me their work for our boys to do instead.

it’s this preparation thing that gets me...literally past however many weeks it’s been they have known they will have to be going back at some point so why not sort it out then..instead of wasting yet another week.....genuinely is it unions at play?

In a word, nope. 
In many words, school staff find out anything when you do - via a confusing press release read out badly during a 4pm briefing. 

• Like 2

Do we actually have any worthwhile restrictions in place any more, pretty much my entire street has been in/out all weekend, social media full of groups walking, bike riding, picnicking on the beach (even in the cold). 

Not much evidence of 'STAY AT HOME' up our way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Schools back 19th.

I've heard from someone in the hospitality trade the 26th appears to be the date for the rest.

If it is true, it is ridiculous. The last unknown new case was on 24/3, 18 days ago. The unexplained case on 29/3 I reckon was not telling the truth to track and trace as no other cases came up linked to it. Dr. E pretty much said she was happy that it was linked. Even if you include that case, Monday 19th is the required 21 days. By then, active cases and those in isolation will be minimal. Time to open everything up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Do we actually have any worthwhile restrictions in place any more, pretty much my entire street has been in/out all weekend, social media full of groups walking, bike riding, picnicking on the beach (even in the cold). 

I think Stay at Home ended before Easter. You cannot go visiting people in their gardens, go to the garden centre and stay at home all at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Only to people trying to earn a living or see friends and family.

Everything else seems to be back to normal based on the number of people out and about.

People are past caring.  Just open up and crack on.

The schools needing a week extra is an absolute joke

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Only to people trying to earn a living or see friends and family.

Everything else seems to be back to normal based on the number of people out and about.

People are past caring.  Just open up and crack on.

The schools needing a week extra is an absolute joke

Ashie has just said in PM interview that there will be no more changes announced tomorrow, after Comin on Thursday for next changes so tomorrow meeting will be a waste of time.

• Sad 2