IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ashie has just said in PM interview that there will be no more changes announced tomorrow, after Comin on Thursday for next changes so tomorrow meeting will be a waste of time.

A lot of what Ashie says is pointless and has been all along.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Banker said:

For those interested here’s Ashford interview with PM covering restrictions,borders etc . Sounds like the requirements to isolate away from families will be revised, presumably in time for 3a at end of month 

One thing I noticed was Ashford stating there was "only" 1 person in hospital whereas the dashboard indicated there was no one in hospital. 

21 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Decent interview.   Spoke well I thought.

You can also see from what he is saying that the last "unknown " case looks to be more likely linked but the person with Covid either wasn't being honest or has a memory problem.

Research has shown that 33% of Covid victims suffer psychological/ memory problems. So that could be the reason for this so-called ‘’unknown’’ case not remembering what they did and where they have been. Hopefully, when it comes to the rebuttal of Dr Glover’s arguments, that the Minister does not suffer similar problems.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, code99 said:

Research has shown that 33% of Covid victims suffer psychological/ memory problems. So that could be the reason for this so-called ‘’unknown’’ case not remembering what they did and where they have been. Hopefully, when it comes to the rebuttal of Dr Glover’s arguments, that the Minister does not suffer similar problems.

100% of the Manx public suffer memory problems when it comes to COVID.

None of us remember what it feels like to live on an island where everyone shows compassion for peoples individual circumstances, where common sense is applied based on a properly evaluated risk profile, or where politicians actually try and do the best for all of us rather than basque in the perceived limelight of their new found celebrity status, COVID free, queens honours list public persona.

I have a strong feeling this will bite them on the arse massively in the next 8 weeks.

I didn’t agree with the restrictions they imposed on us last year but they did at least give us a good starting point for when the vaccines came through over the rest of the world - they screwed it.

Not many governments have the reserves per head of population that we do which could have been widely used to give us a massive economic advantage over others.

Come May with all the restrictions at the borders, all the money spent on vaccine rollouts, all the time to plan for every eventuality we should have been showing everyone else what they could have won and stealing a lead on other jurisdictions.

In reality we will be following where others lead.  As usual, and despite all the emotional and financial hardship they have inflicted on people.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/10/2021 at 5:27 PM, Major Rushen said:

Passive follow up means a person:

• must at all times be vigilant for symptoms, however mild, of COVID-19; must report any such symptoms immediately to Public Health; and must comply with any instructions given by Public Health thereafter (which may, for the avoidance of doubt, include an immediate resumption of self-isolation);

Wishful thinking!

In the UK the rate of compliance with that requirement has been 17%. Meaning that 17% of those who had meaningful Covid symptoms bothered to get tested, let alone self-reporting to the authorities.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Banker said:

Ashie Q&A with Moulton, isolating & borders mentioned again 

I noted that he has several books dedicated to Winston Churchill in his background library. And plenty of other books about UK politics and history. But the Churchill books in particular ring an alarm bell about his political ambitions.

Though, it would be good business for Manx Forums, because he is so easy to mock.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Entropy said:

I noted that he has several books dedicated to Winston Churchill in his background library. And plenty of other books about UK politics and history. But the Churchill books in particular ring an alarm bell about his political ambitions.

Though, it would be good business for Manx Forums, because he is so easy to mock.

He's a stopover tory boy. Pretty sure he was involved with the Tories standing for council etc. some years ago and I'd bet his pin-up girl is Margaret Thatcher.

As for the Churchill books, luckily for us the Steam Racket don't go anywhere near the Dardanelles...though the spiralling cost of the new Liverpool passenger terminal might eventually sink us all.

30 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

He's a stopover tory boy. Pretty sure he was involved with the Tories standing for council etc. some years ago and I'd bet his pin-up girl is Margaret Thatcher.

As for the Churchill books, luckily for us the Steam Racket don't go anywhere near the Dardanelles...though the spiralling cost of the new Liverpool passenger terminal might eventually sink us all.

Let's hope that we get to use the Liverpool Terminal. It is being built on the assumption that people move back and forth from the island. When I returned to the island one month ago, I was the only foot passenger on the Ben-my-Chree.

There will be bad flu seasons; and worse...

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Banker said:

Ashie Q&A with Moulton, isolating & borders mentioned again 

I noted the words “10 days” in terms of initial isolation requirements.

So, will that be for all family members returning to the Island to be reunited?

Will they have isolate in separate accommodation at astronomic expense?

If not, will the entire household have to isolate with them including children being kept off school?

This baby steps nonsense is pure bollocks.

Jersey & Guernsey reopening in many respects today & borders to the U.K. a week Monday.

We’re still at the “any ideas lads?” stage in CoMin.

Infection rate watch:

Liverpool 19 per 100,000, Wirral 13 per 100,000

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I noted the words “10 days” in terms of initial isolation requirements.

So, will that be for all family members returning to the Island to be reunited?

Will they have isolate in separate accommodation at astronomic expense?

If not, will the entire household have to isolate with them including children being kept off school?

This baby steps nonsense is pure bollocks.

Jersey & Guernsey reopening in many respects today & borders to the U.K. a week Monday.

We’re still at the “any ideas lads?” stage in CoMin.

Infection rate watch:

Liverpool 19 per 100,000, Wirral 13 per 100,000

I don't understand how reducing the isolation period alone does anything useful seeing as the Kent variant is thought to have a longer incubation period.  If you have isolation, surely it should be for as long as the likely incubation period?  Otherwise you introduce  pre-travel testing, on entry, then again after 7 days.

• Like 4