IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s called taking advantage of expertise that may be available.

It's called taking the piss. They've had month's to assemble a crack team of experts.

The rest of the UK and the Crown Dependants are opening up. We're putting together a group to talk about it - ffs man.

... and you're 'The Voice of Reason'.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

It's called taking the piss. They've had month's to assemble a crack team of experts.

The rest of the UK and the Crown Dependants are opening up. We're putting together a group to talk about it - ffs man.

Anyone would think we were assembling the ‘A Team’. Where’s Mr T?

Mind you with the A Team they could put a plan together ............... our lot, fcuking useless!

18 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

And you’re the Voice of Doom and Despondency. We had good news today which should be celebrated.

The Government by its own admission is not perfect but the majority of the Manx public is supportive of them.

But all you and your mates can do is nit pick. You probably think Mother Theresa was just a wicked old woman!

• Haha 2

HRH The Chief Minister in his twice/thrice weekly address to the nation is spouting the date 19 April 2021 when a significant amount of restrictions are lifted. Is this relating to shops? Hairdressers etc? Cafes? Restaurants? Pubs?  Or is he trying to kill the remaining businesses by slowly strangling them with more bureaucracy. I notice that some professions like hair, beauty and medical have been told they will be last in line to reopen due to Hennys medical nonsense. I think that HRH The Chief Minister needs to open, transparent and honest, which at present he is hiding behind spin and bullshit which quite frankly creates confusion.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And you’re the Voice of Doom and Despondency. We had good news today which should be celebrated.

The Government by its own admission is not perfect but the majority of the Manx public is supportive of them.

But all you and your mates can do is nit pick. You probably think Mother Theresa was just a wicked old woman!

What was the good news? Seemed like a press conference that actually informed us nothing.

Quite a lot of restrictions may be removed on the 19th, but what restrictions? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Absolute Shite!

What good news? Good news for whom? Vested interests probably, those who have had handouts like there’s no tomorrow, that’s why they love IOMG. The great Manx public is throughly pissed off now. They want the borders open without the need to isolate for long periods - though if the isolation period was a week with a testing regime, then I’m sure this will garner support. Personally I can’t see anyone in their right minds wanting to come here for a staycation? Lots of UK resorts will benefit but IOM and its obession with rules will lose out. Still I’m sure there is lots of handouts for hoteliers and holiday cottages owners? Perhaps the border strategy document 3a and b, was devised so friends and family had to isolate at an IOMG approved institution. 

• Like 2

It’s sad that we all knew this would be a briefing of nothing...you have to wonder what was the actual point....  I have to laugh about the schools I got sight of the ballakermeen time table for kids going in on 2 days it is literally

performing arts

art

drama

it

sports

Expressive arts

you know the important subjects 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

They’ve obviously listened to someone with common sense on borders and not the keep locked down brigade who only wanted borders open when whole island vaccinated!!

Well it's got to the stage where everyone else has actually put processes and regimes in place ready for mid-May. We're/they're still thinking about it and will get left behind and will most probably be trusting to lady luck.

I'll go back to what I said/asked earlier in this thread.... is Nobles prepared, for even a slight relaxation of the borders policy?? I still haven't ready or heard anything about this part of the process.

It's about time Ashford, Magson and ManxCare started to level with the Great Manx Public on when consultations/treatments will resume (proper) and what their plans are for dealing with the inevitable COVID numbers that will come through the swingdoors of A&E.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, 2112 said:

HRH The Chief Minister in his twice/thrice weekly address to the nation is spouting the date 19 April 2021 when a significant amount of restrictions are lifted. Is this relating to shops? Hairdressers etc? Cafes? Restaurants? Pubs?  Or is he trying to kill the remaining businesses by slowly strangling them with more bureaucracy. I notice that some professions like hair, beauty and medical have been told they will be last in line to reopen due to Hennys medical nonsense. I think that HRH The Chief Minister needs to open, transparent and honest, which at present he is hiding behind spin and bullshit which quite frankly creates confusion.

Did you miss the bit when he said major changes on restrictions are normally  announced on a Thursday? Patience dear fellow.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

so copying Channel Islands 😀

we do a lot of channel island copying, who are they copying ???    or do they  have people that are capable of leading and actually  making a decision ??

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Like 2

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Did you miss the bit when he said major changes on restrictions are normally  announced on a Thursday? Patience dear fellow.

Quite frankly, today could have been just one of the threesome saying these are the figures, they're very encouraging and we hope to have positive news after Thursday and will take questions then. Done in 1 minute. 

• Like 3