IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well it's got to the stage where everyone else has actually put processes and regimes in place ready for mid-May. We're/they're still thinking about it and will get left behind and will most probably be trusting to lady luck.

I'll go back to what I said/asked earlier in this thread.... is Nobles prepared, for even a slight relaxation of the borders policy?? I still haven't ready or heard anything about this part of the process.

It's about time Ashford, Magson and ManxCare started to level with the Great Manx Public on when consultations/treatments will resume (proper) and what their plans are for dealing with the inevitable COVID numbers that will come through the swingdoors of A&E.

I took it that borders restrictions will commence being eased end April, the isolation policy is being considered this week, requirement to isolate away from families is going soon & we will go to a traffic light system like Channel Islands fairly shortly after .

as you say may have missed boat on attracting UK Visitors as Jersey have had a big push 

.https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/12/surge-in-uk-hits-makes-jersey-holiday-hotspot/

Edited by Banker

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But there are actually two separate questions being conflated here.  The first is about how much should be charged for 'private' tests and indeed whether a charge should be made at all.  Normally charging for tests for communicable disease, such as Covid, is seen as a very bad idea because you want to catch as many cases as possible before it spreads. 

Which is why, in my reply to Gladys, I pointed out that what she was saying about the advisability, or otherwise, of charging travellers for tests was a different argument. As it happens, I personally believe that all of the tests should be done for free, largely for the reason you mention, but that isn't the situation.

But if you are going to charge for such tests in some circumstances, then the amount charged is always going to be arbitrary and based more on what the market will bear.

To a certain extent, I agree with that, and it would seem that the market can bear £50 a test. Even so, the cost of private treatment does have some sort of basis in what it actually costs to provide rather than being totally arbitrary. For instance, if a private company was offering a service and was routinely charging less than the amount it cost them to provide the service, because that was the arbitrary amount they had settled upon, they wouldn't remain in business long.

It is clearly nonsense to include things such as property costs when those existed before and would still have to be paid if there was no Covid crisis.

I think the clue to your position is in the use of 'private' rather than private. That would seem to suggest that you don't really view the tests as private in the normal sense (you can correct me if that is wrong). They are certainly costs that any normal private service provider would take into account when calculating their costs, but I can see why you wouldn't think it was appropriate to include them if you don't really think these tests are truly private.

So it would seem that you are adding in a third question - whether these are private tests or 'private' tests

56 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

performing arts

art

drama

it

sports

Expressive arts

you know the important subjects 

I thought they were the only subjects they did these days. The other subjects, the boring stuff, they do a bit but get an A* anyway.

Edited by Barlow

26 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Air bridges.... guy asks if there can be more.....direct flights to ?????

Isle of man.

Bit like yorkshire airlines. Leaving leeds international airstrip....arriving leeds international airstrip cos if it int in yorkshire it int worth visiting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1