IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

On 4/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, Nomadic Raptor said:

It’s sad that we all knew this would be a briefing of nothing...you have to wonder what was the actual point....  I have to laugh about the schools I got sight of the ballakermeen time table for kids going in on 2 days it is literally

performing arts

art

drama

it

sports

Expressive arts

you know the important subjects 

For the non-geeks among you, I can assure you there's more drama in half an hour of IT than in 6 years of EastEnders. And probably more shouting.

58 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes Monday seems the big day. A couple of salons have said they have been told they can open on Monday and someone on here said 1886 were getting stocks in. Let the carnage begin lol If all true its going to be mahem in pubs . Think I'll give it a miss for a week or so .

There wasn't carnage after the 1st or 2nd lockdown, there won't be carnage this time. Fact is there's a big part of the population that think covid is round every corner waiting for them so will be a while before there's anything resembling normality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Looks like everything opening Monday, from Howard just now 

image.thumb.png.9cd16130f40eea2ade50ac9e8abb5bd3.png

So - the announcement Monday about an announcement on Thursday was really an announcement about an announcement on Tuesday.

Waster who makes stuff up on the spot.  Get him out next election.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

"face coverings and social distancing"

This HAS to go.  It is the ultimate sign of government coercion but most importantly, your acceptance of that coercion.  Why? Because 'they' say so when 'they' have no concrete evidence to support either action but by leaving an edict like tha tin place it means 'they' still retain that element of control to turn on or off at their whim.

You are David Icke and I claim my £5

Edited by Barlow

1 minute ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

It’s just another example of the disorganized nature of everything

I suspect him putting these announcements out forces the rest of CoMin's hand. So when it does come to Thursday's CoMin he'll push them down the full opening up route because that's what the Great Manx Public have been promised. 

50 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

think covid is round every corner waiting for them

............as evidenced by the face-nappy wearers even in the deepest reaches of the Tesco car park this morning.  I genuinely believe that the indoctrination has been so complete that there are individuals out there who believe that COVID is circulating freely in the open air.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Barlow said:

You are David Icke and I claim my £5

Ha bloody ha!  Just activate your 2 brain-cells before trying to post something only you find vaguely humorous.  In fact, don't bother.  If you are incapable of looking outside your Barlow Bunker at the broader ramifications of what has gone on - yes, to YOU - over the past year then give them both the evening off.

10 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

First sign of unknown cases and its back to full lockdown with this type of opening free for all.

I cant see why we cant open with SD and masks. 

Because it's shit? 

What's the point of everyone wearing masks if there might be say 5 people with covid spread across the island? There is no point.

Also, it will very soon be too warm for a snood.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

First sign of unknown cases and its back to full lockdown with this type of opening free for all.

Because it is unnecessary in a Covid free environment. If it comes back in they may consider reintroducing it, but I for one will be happy to see the back of queues, capacity limits and bloody masks. Feel free to wear one and practice SD if it makes you feel safe, you will get no complaint from me, but if I don't have to, I will not be voluntarily doing it when there are no cases. I will still use the hand wash though :flowers:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I for one will be happy to see the back of queues, capacity limits and bloody masks. Feel free to wear one and practice SD if it makes you feel safe, you will get no complaint from me, but if I don't have to, I will not be voluntarily doing it when there are no cases. I will still use the hand wash though :flowers:

We found they don't really work in the Rovers...far too many resulting trouser changes.

images (7).jpeg

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Apart the fact that it is not needed, having Covid been wiped out from the island for the time being.

It would be a political difficult result for the IOMG. The kind of re-opening you describe is what England is having at the moment. But we had much, much stricter border control and punishing enforcement than England. Thus, the government has to give the Manx public something more in return for all this sacrifice. Do not assume that the Manx public is all made of zero-Covid nutters uniformly. There is a lot of unexpressed discontent I can assure you.

• Like 2