IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

WE must decide whether the rights and freedoms of the 99% should be sacrificed for the 1%.

You "freedom" people are always so fundamentalist and absolute. And, like all fundamentalism, that's always an extreme and shrill perspective. Also, almost invariably, selfishly missing out the other part of that equation: Our responsibilities. Especially to others.

Our freedoms and rights have at no stage been sacrificed. It's simply that some important measures have been temporarily in place in order to deal with a genuine crisis.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Because it's shit? 

What's the point of everyone wearing masks if there might be say 5 people with covid spread across the island? There is no point.

Also, it will very soon be too warm for a snood.

42 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Because it is unnecessary in a Covid free environment. If it comes back in they may consider reintroducing it, but I for one will be happy to see the back of queues, capacity limits and bloody masks. Feel free to wear one and practice SD if it makes you feel safe, you will get no complaint from me, but if I don't have to, I will not be voluntarily doing it when there are no cases. I will still use the hand wash though :flowers:

32 minutes ago, Entropy said:

Apart the fact that it is not needed, having Covid been wiped out from the island for the time being.

It would be a political difficult result for the IOMG. The kind of re-opening you describe is what England is having at the moment. But we had much, much stricter border control and punishing enforcement than England. Thus, the government has to give the Manx public something more in return for all this sacrifice. Do not assume that the Manx public is all made of zero-Covid nutters uniformly. There is a lot of unexpressed discontent I can assure you.

You don't seem to understand the point of wearing masks.

It is to stop you spreading it not getting it.

Look at the beginning of March, everyone going around as if there was no pandemic, one live case and within a week about 2,000 in self isolation. 

FFS its no big deal, put a mask on, you will probably look better for it too.......................

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

It would be great if people politely wore a mask if they have a cold. Or, better still, stayed at home.

I'd like to find a quality mask that does actually protect the wearer. In normal years I often seem to pick up a cold after a series of connecting flights.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Look at the beginning of March, everyone going around as if there was no pandemic, one live case and within a week about 2,000 in self isolation. 

FFS its no big deal, put a mask on, you will probably look better for it too.......................

Hopefully masks will go next week but nothing to stop you or anyone else wearing one if they wish although if you’re going to the pub I can’t see the point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

I suspect him putting these announcements out forces the rest of CoMin's hand. So when it does come to Thursday's CoMin he'll push them down the full opening up route because that's what the Great Manx Public have been promised. 

Quite, so what is the point of putting it to Comin, other than a rubber stamp?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hopefully masks will go next week but nothing to stop you or anyone else wearing one if they wish although if you’re going to the pub I can’t see the point.

Lets look at it from a different angle.

Lets say whenever a male walks past a female the males d1ck, without will from the male, penetrates the passing female.

This would be rather tiresome to say the least and the cause of much strife in the world. Imagine being out for a walk with your wife and 2 teenage daughters and the local men's bowling club walks past?

To stop this happening all males have to do is wear a codpiece and their d1cks no longer penetrate anything without their will.

Do you get it now?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Lets say whenever a male walks past a female the males d1ck, without will from the male, penetrates the passing female.

This would be rather tiresome to say the least and the cause of much strife in the world. Imagine being out for a walk with your wife and 2 teenage daughters and the local men's bowling club walks past?

To stop this happening all males have to do is wear a codpiece and their d1cks no longer penetrate anything without their will.

Do you get it now?

Congratulations, you have now surpassed the eminent Jonathan Van Tam for the strangest Covid related analogy, and it didn't even include a reference to trains. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite, so what is the point of putting it to Comin, other than a rubber stamp?  

Because a rubber stamp is needed. It is evidence that it has been approved.

There is an awful lot of complaints here that there is no audit trail for decisions made. So there would appear to be quite a point.

11 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Do you get it now?

Which bowling club is this? Do they have a waiting list for membership?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Congratulations, you have now surpassed the eminent Jonathan Van Tam for the strangest Covid related analogy, and it didn't even include a reference to trains. 

Thank you that is appreciated.

Johno, as I call him, will be well miffed when he hears

ETA, What about trains and tunnels, does that count?

ETA(2) I hereby give permission for  JVT to use my analogy the next time he does one of the briefings with my namesake,

He is welcome and any speech writing fees due to me can be donated to a charity of his choice.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Haha 1