IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Lets look at it from a different angle.

Lets say whenever a male walks past a female the males d1ck, without will from the male, penetrates the passing female.

This would be rather tiresome to say the least and the cause of much strife in the world. Imagine being out for a walk with your wife and 2 teenage daughters and the local men's bowling club walks past?

To stop this happening all males have to do is wear a codpiece and their d1cks no longer penetrate anything without their will.

Do you get it now?

As a Covid analogy, or whatever really, your angle is deeply, profoundly deranged.

To teenage women Covid does nothing.

The government has stopped congregating also those who don't care about Covid. I would be fine to have leisure centers restricted to those who don't give a s**t about the virus and have signed a disclaim form in that regard to make sure that they are fully aware about they are doing. I would be in good company at last.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

............as evidenced by the face-nappy wearers even in the deepest reaches of the Tesco car park this morning.  I genuinely believe that the indoctrination has been so complete that there are individuals out there who believe that COVID is circulating freely in the open air.

I don't know how much you are into open spaces... it is actually much worse than that. In the Tesco car park one might have forgot to take it off. I see the masked in the Marina Drive down to Port Soderick; they see me coming their way in the dangerous unmasked state of nature; they reflexively adjust their masks as to be reassured that their mouths are fully covered and protected.

I used to swerve to the other side of the road to avoid causing any distress. I don't give a damn anymore about them; it is far too idiotic; the fear is their problem. They have no right to stop we the living from living our sacrosanct lives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Thank you that is appreciated.

Johno, as I call him, will be well miffed when he hears

ETA, What about trains and tunnels, does that count?

ETA(2) I hereby give permission for  JVT to use my analogy the next time he does one of the briefings with my namesake,

He is welcome and any speech writing fees due to me can be donated to a charity of his choice.

I think that you are a f**king hypocrite even by the standards of a politician.

Prime Ministers don’t need to be virtuous, as long as they have no claim to sainthood.

1202399475_BoriswithhisEasterbunnies.thumb.jpg.ee37ca65ab00b13ce1ac30957bc34f49.jpg

1 minute ago, alpha-acid said:

Well I haven't brewed because they didn't tell me or anyone else as far as I know, half cocked thought out measures as normal

I was wanting to know what you're up to, you're planning on brewing small batches to put in a few pubs is that right? I hope you can get a barrel or two into The Sidings over the summer, I'll go check it out.

4 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Well I haven't brewed because they didn't tell me or anyone else as far as I know, half cocked thought out measures as normal

I thought your equipment was for meth.

There will be always a demand, through the right channel...

4 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Not so sure...maybe they know that pubs can't be packed if they don't have the beer...and it buys govt more 'separation' for a week. Pubs will certainly be rammed day 1...and when sold out of what they do actually have...following weekend will be the big one.

But who's willing to brew at the risk of one or more new community cases appearing this week and govt changing its mind again? They've not promised a 'definitive' end yet.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Exactly I was debating whether to brew last Sunday but didn't might live to regret or might not already had to pour 2 Brews away because of the lockdown

Just to get another perspective, how much did that cost in both pure cost and loss of profit?  I know the latter may be commercially sensitive (in the real non-govt sense), but it would be useful to really get a feel for how much our government has actually cost us. 

Edited by Gladys

58 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I was wanting to know what you're up to, you're planning on brewing small batches to put in a few pubs is that right? I hope you can get a barrel or two into The Sidings over the summer, I'll go check it out.

Yes I had my beer in about 5 pubs before lockdown the last was the sidings so probably never got round to selling it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Just to get another perspective, how much did that cost in both pure cost and loss of profit?  I know the latter may be commercially sensitive (in the real non-govt sense), but it would be useful to really get a feel for how much our government has actually cost us. 

Om my scale not a lot probably about £200 in material costs plus overheads probably £300 , but I am producing only 100 Hl per Brew which is nothing compared to the big 3, Okells for example produces about 10,000 Litres per brew the other 2 a lot smaller but still bigger than me

• Like 1