IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, Banker said:

Just a briefing on border changes I understood so not recorded 

Quite a bit came out of it.

A few feathers will be ruffled here following Tynwald on the 20th April.

Buckle up pilgrims, the SeaCat bar is reopening.

(Sub note - U.K. 7 day rolling new infection rate 27.9 per 100,000). On that data, Guernsey would permit entry with test. Neg result would allow 7 day passive surveillance then further test. Seems a fair initial solution.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

An interesting article on IOMNP FB page, the Daily Mail advertising heritage rail holidays to the island from July to October 2021. These will definitely have IOMG interference and involvement from the start. Me thinks the Population is being lied to as to the border controls, or is HRH The Chief Minister and his henchmen letting in those prepared to spend money, without further controls whilst island residents have to behave like performing seals ........ arp arp!

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

An interesting article on IOMNP FB page, the Daily Mail advertising heritage rail holidays to the island from July to October 2021. These will definitely have IOMG interference and involvement from the start. Me thinks the Population is being lied to as to the border controls, or is HRH The Chief Minister and his henchmen letting in those prepared to spend money, without further controls whilst island residents have to behave like performing seals ........ arp arp!

Those heritage railway enthusiast have such a reputation for big spending. I hope Mountain Warehouse et al are stocking up on cheap anoraks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Quite a bit came out of it.

A few feathers will be ruffled here following Tynwald on the 20th April.

Buckle up pilgrims, the SeaCat bar is reopening.

Before that shit DfE exit document came out you had got a bit excited, thinking it was going to be great and upsetting the 'bed wetters' or something, so I hope you're not setting yourself up here for more disappointment.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Before that shit DfE exit document came out you had got a bit excited, thinking it was going to be great and upsetting the 'bed wetters' or something, so I hope you're not setting yourself up here for more disappointment.

Still excited. Very.

Only relaying what I’ve been told friend. Make of it what you will though it seems you already have.

In terms of upsetting the bed wetters. I think they are still hanging on to the hope we’ll be locked down until September as the ‘shit’ DFE document alluded.

Time will tell. If I am to be disappointed, then so be it though my feeling is I won’t be.

Edited by Nom de plume

3 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Only relaying what I’ve been told friend. Make of it what you will though it seems you already have.

In terms of upsetting the bed wetters. I think they are still hanging on to the hope we’ll be locked down until September as the ‘shit’ DFE document alluded.

Time will tell.

I don't know what they discussed yesterday, all I know is something was discussed and there is no official record. So you must have better sources!

They absolutely HAVE to do something positive.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Entropy said:

I used to swerve to the other side of the road to avoid causing any distress. I don't give a damn anymore about them; it is far too idiotic; the fear is their problem. They have no right to stop we the living from living our sacrosanct lives.

.....And ignorance and selfishness is your's! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure this advertisement will have had IOMG approval both by Tim Baker as Minister for Choo Choo trains and the Peoples Prince as Tourism Minister. Full transparency required as to the borders, not cover up’s and selective border controls. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I don't know what they discussed yesterday, all I know is something was discussed and there is no official record. So you must have better sources!

They absolutely HAVE to do something positive.

Privy to a few emails from MHK's, nothing more. Sadly all back benchers but significant in their number & train of thought.

Whether they (and a considerable number of business leaders who have taken the time to write to Herr Quayle to voice their dissention) can swing the balance in CoMin & see travel restrictions lifted is another matter.

My primary concern is the basis of CoMin's decision making. From whom are they taking scientific and medical advice. What data are they using to formulate & enact our exit plan & the provenance of the same. Why is the reasoning and minuting of these meetings being hushed. Do the Isle of Man Government advisors have some previously unseen or secretive intel that the Home Nations and the Channel Islands haven't been provided?

The next few days should hopefully furnish us all with some real clarity not wishy washy maybes.   

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2