IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

28 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Privy to a few emails from MHK's, nothing more. Sadly all back benchers but significant in their number & train of thought.

Whether they (and a considerable number of business leaders who have taken the time to write to Herr Quayle to voice their dissention) can swing the balance in CoMin & see travel restrictions lifted is another matter.

My primary concern is the basis of CoMin's decision making. From whom are they taking scientific and medical advice. What data are they using to formulate & enact our exit plan & the provenance of the same. Why is the reasoning and minuting of these meetings being hushed. Do the Isle of Man Government advisors have some previously unseen or secretive intel that the Home Nations and the Channel Islands haven't been provided?

The next few days should hopefully furnish us all with some real clarity not wishy washy maybes.   

Would love to share your optimism but I personally think that HRH The Chief Minister and his equally disgusting little henchman Ashie will treat the ‘Great Manx Public’ as second and third class citizens. They would allow tourists in quarantine free but impose restrictions on its residents. Look at how they treat its law abiding citizens who want get a puppy. Speaks volumes, but the stupid idiots don’t realise that if people want, they can go away, come back, isolate for short period and have the test then go away again. Loopholes! 

Honesty? Forget it ............ Herr Quayle - that’s giving him respectability. He is a pompous buffoon wrapped up in his own self serving importance. I truly wish that Allan Bell for all his faults was in charge, at least he was more of a leader.

Edited by 2112

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

advertising heritage rail holidays to the island from July to October 2021.

What they haven't said is that you arrive in July, spend the next 3 months locked in isolation on the train chugging from Douglas to Port Erin 5 times a day, and only released again in October!

But I'm sure its in the small-print.

16 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

Feel free to wear one and practice SD if it makes you feel safe, you will get no complaint from me, but if I don't have to, I will not be voluntarily doing it when there are no cases. 

Well said - got it in one!  Life's a risk and COVID is well down the list.  If you don't want to run the risk of being in a car accident, then don't drive - or even venture out onto the pavement. If you don't want to run the risk of being in a plane crash, then don't fly. If you don't want to run the risk of drowning, then don't go swimming.  The 'risks' are endless and yet, under the banner of 'normality' these risks are accepted by 'the people' and 'the state' as necessary for the continuing function of society and the economy.

COVID must be accepted as A N OTHER risk by politicians and 'risk' assessment left to the individual, not diktat by an amateur given the whiff of temporary power before returning to the lack-lustre life he/she led before conning people into electing them.

Mr Toad and the MBE do not have 'Canute' powers and the sooner they realise that, the better for all of us.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Would love to share your optimism but I personally think that HRH The Chief Minister and his equally disgusting little henchman Ashie will treat the ‘Great Manx Public’ as second and third class citizens. They would allow tourists in quarantine free but impose restrictions on its residents. Look at how they treat its law abiding citizens who want get a puppy. Speaks volumes, but the stupid idiots don’t realise that if people want, they can go away, come back, isolate for short period and have the test then go away again. Loopholes! 

Honesty? Forget it ............ Herr Quayle - that’s giving him respectability. He is a pompous buffoon wrapped up in his own self serving importance. I truly wish that Allan Bell for all his faults was in charge, at least he was more of a leader.

You sound like you are on some sort of illegal substance.  Is that a real opinion?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Privy to a few emails from MHK's, nothing more. Sadly all back benchers but significant in their number & train of thought.

Whether they (and a considerable number of business leaders who have taken the time to write to Herr Quayle to voice their dissention) can swing the balance in CoMin & see travel restrictions lifted is another matter.

My primary concern is the basis of CoMin's decision making. From whom are they taking scientific and medical advice. What data are they using to formulate & enact our exit plan & the provenance of the same. Why is the reasoning and minuting of these meetings being hushed. Do the Isle of Man Government advisors have some previously unseen or secretive intel that the Home Nations and the Channel Islands haven't been provided?

The next few days should hopefully furnish us all with some real clarity not wishy washy maybes.   

There’s been several hints from Howie, Ashie & allinson very recently that changes to borders are coming. Howie on Monday said 3a end of April & next stage soon after with testing on a regional basis. Tynwald were briefed yesterday & Comin are considering a paper tomorrow on requirements for initial stage 3a

Ashie said in PM interview the isolation away from families was being reviewed etc.

Expect some announcement tomorrow & more following Tynwald next week 

Edited by Banker

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s been several hints from Howie, Ashie & allinson very recently that changes to borders are coming. Howie on Monday said 3a end of April & next stage soon after with testing on a regional basis. Tynwald were briefed yesterday & Comin are considering a paper tomorrow on requirements for initial stage 3a

Ashie said in PM interview the isolation away from families was being reviewed etc.

Expect some announcement tomorrow & more following Tynwald next week 

Expect a mad rush on Logan Air flights & SeaCat bookings for 14 or 21 days locked away in ultra-expensive digs or Granny’s box room to see the fam.

Said no-one ever.

C44B4E8C-1293-49BC-B7A8-2E0CEB2E6D0E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, pongo said:

What do you propose as an alternative @Nom de plume - given that there is no way of knowing whether someone is returning just from the UK or whether they are returning from an exciting Red Zone country via the UK?

If they’re returning from a Red Zone country, they’ll be ‘expected’ to complete mandatory testing & isolation following entry to the U.K.

If they are U.K. residents (visiting family / friends here) & given the U.K. new infection prevalence is < 30 per 100,000 I would implement a test on entry, release on neg result (24hr) & I’m sorry to piss on a few parades, let them crack on. We know now the virus can incubate for up to 28 days so the risk is there always & 7-14 day isolation helps but isn’t conclusive.

Mitigation means risk. We’ve got to live with the virus.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

If they’re returning from a Red Zone country, they’ll be ‘expected’ to complete mandatory testing & isolation following entry to the U.K.

Amber countries is 10 days UK quarantine too. Would you expect people returning from amber countries to quarantine in UK  before returning to IOM?

Assuming the UK lifts the current ban on holidays.

Just now, pongo said:

Amber countries is 10 days UK quarantine too. Would you expect people returning from amber countries to quarantine in UK  before returning to IOM?

Assuming the UK lifts the current ban on holidays.

I guess it would not matter if they isolated in the UK so long as it was more than 2 weeks (or whatever) since they had been in a dodgy country.

There will need to be an element of trust with a hefty fine (£5000 in the UK) if you get caught lying.

Just now, Happier diner said:

I guess it would not matter if they isolated in the UK so long as it was more than 2 weeks (or whatever) since they had been in a dodgy country.

There will need to be an element of trust with a hefty fine (£5000 in the UK) if you get caught lying.

So people from here isolate in UK before returning here if they have been to Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc?

Or else how does IOM know where they have been?

20 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Expect a mad rush on Logan Air flights & SeaCat bookings for 14 or 21 days locked away in ultra-expensive digs or Granny’s box room to see the fam.

Said no-one ever.

C44B4E8C-1293-49BC-B7A8-2E0CEB2E6D0E.jpeg

Yes. Like I keep saying. Anyone who thinks the progression to 3A is a big step or thinks that 3A is of any use to anyone is deluded.  Its a non step and (in the words of 2112) just something to make us think its a concession or move in the right direction. Does anyone really have family members who want to visit them so much they will isolate in a self contained apartment for 2 weeks BEFORE starting their visit. 

Hopefully when we move from 'framework' to an actual plan such nonsense will have been replaced with practicable  measures.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Mitigation means risk. We’ve got to live with the virus.

Absolutely - but how long are you going to stick with testing?  We either accept free movement or we don't.  One isn't going to have to take (yet!) a test to transit from Devon into Cornwall so why should it be any different to come here?