IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

So people from here isolate in UK before returning here if they have been to Spain, Greece, Cyprus etc?

Or else how does IOM know where they have been?

They could do. They would have to declare on return that they had not visited one of those countries for xx days. If you came directly back here you would have to isolate here. Like I say it wil have to be based upon trust/random checks as there way checking everyone could be administered.

Its been the same when you land in places like Australia for years. You declare where you have come from and that you have no live items/fruit/food in your luggage. 

1 minute ago, Utah 01 said:

Absolutely - but how long are you going to stick with testing?  We either accept free movement or we don't.  One isn't going to have to take (yet!) a test to transit from Devon into Cornwall so why should it be any different to come here?

Guernsey and proposing a test on day 1. If negative you can go places but some places you can't go to. If positive you have to isolate for 2 weeks and re test. Its not 100% but it is a mitigation

13 minutes ago, pongo said:

Amber countries is 10 days UK quarantine too. Would you expect people returning from amber countries to quarantine in UK  before returning to IOM?

Assuming the UK lifts the current ban on holidays.

We need to follow the U.K. in their science, advice & reopening strategy.

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

We need to follow the U.K. in their science, advice & reopening strategy.

So people isolate in the UK before returning to the IOM after their summer holidays? Is that what you are proposing? Given that there is no through-travel to here.

Edited by pongo

10 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

We either accept free movement or we don't.

It would be great to see a return to free movement.

Unfortunately the freedom-hating pro-Brexit brigade voted to take away our right to free movement.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, pongo said:

So people isolate in the UK before returning to the IOM after their summer holidays? Is that what you are proposing? Given that there is no through-travel to here.

I’m proposing we follow the U.K. in terms of ‘Green List’ countries.

Eg ... Say Portugal makes the Green list. Manx family holidays there, comes back to U.K. follows their protocols on entry & then transits here as they would normally. If they are going to a Red or Amber country, they’re going to have to add on 10 - 14 days isolating in the U.K. at vast expense so they won’t.

Can’t you grasp the concept?

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Expect a mad rush on Logan Air flights & SeaCat bookings for 14 or 21 days locked away in ultra-expensive digs or Granny’s box room to see the fam.

Said no-one ever.

C44B4E8C-1293-49BC-B7A8-2E0CEB2E6D0E.jpeg

That’s the old requirement, it’s being changed when borders reopen, Going to be on a regional basis as already stated similar to Guernsey.

Pongo et al will be panicking 😂

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nom de plume said:

I’m proposing we follow the U.K. in terms of ‘Green List’ countries.

How will the IOM know whether people have been to Green, Amber or Red list countries?

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Pongo et al will be panicking 😂

What would I be panicking about? I've been all over the world and very much look forward to getting away again soon. And when I went off to University I didn't need mummy and daddy to drive me either. Nerves of steel, me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, pongo said:

How will the IOM know whether people have been to Green, Amber or Red list countries?

What would I be panicking about? I've been all over the world and very much look forward to getting away again soon. And when I went off to University I didn't need mummy and daddy to drive me either. Nerves of steel, me. 

Have you ever travelled?

The U.K. border controls deal with the protocols & isolation policy before they return here. Jesus.