IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

no it didn't, stop telling lies.

I agree, it didn't really (owing to lapses in public vigilance). That said, no Government is ever going to say 'D'ya know what, fuck it, let's just lift all travel restrictions'.

They have to be seen to be doing the right thing or at least attempting something. The vaccination programme has helped.

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

They have to be seen to be doing the right thing or at least attempting something

I had hoped that the argument had been made (and agreed by some on here) that politicians  being 'seen to do something' or, in their myopic vision of the problem before them 'doing the right thing' almost, without fail, leads to nothing but muddlled, irrational decision-making that benefits nobody.  As I've surmised previously, it's a character trait that must be injected the day A Normalperson becomes A Politician - along with the triggering of the self-preservation, defending the indefensible and the ability to unabashedly lie genes.

35 minutes ago, pongo said:

Brexit has taken away my EU Citizenship. I wasn't even given a vote.

From 2022 we will effectively likely need to apply for visas to visit EU countries. And we can no longer work there without restriction.

Thanks to those who supported Brexit we have lost our rights and freedoms.

Yes I also believe in free enterprise, free competition and the free movement of capital including labour. And I don't care where you were born - or any of that birthright nonsense.

Your problem is that you know very little about the EU; I guess you never lived in any of those countries for an extended period of time.

If you had any experience of living or doing business there, if you knew what they really are, you would not be concerned about the possibility of losing any freedom by getting rid of their interference in our affairs.

For the avoidance of doubt, I talk as one who doesn't give a damn about ANY flag; I am no British nationalist or whatever other type of nationalist. Freedom and civil rights is precisely what I care about.

We lost nothing by getting rid of the EU. The Swiss are perhaps the most open country of Europe (25% of their resident are not Swiss passport holders) and they are not in the EU or have any interest in joining it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

It’s being reviewed, here’s a report on Guernsey plan 

https://guernseypress.com/news/2021/03/27/cautious-hopes-for-travel-to-safer-areas/

The report seems to suggest that they will vary the restrictions placed upon people travelling there from the UK depending on which part of the UK they have been to. They are hoping Aurigny will switch to flying to Bristol or Exeter rather than Southampton because the Southwest has less than 30 cases per 100,000 which is there cut off for travellers having to isolate. Southeast UK is above their cut off.

25 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The vaccination programme has helped.

The vaccination program is it. It is everything.

Get fucking vaccinated folks.

The ONLY way all this shit stops is with massive take up everywhere. Some people I thought were friends aren't going to have it. They can FUCK OFF 

Governments, not just ours, are going to be scared of going back into lockdown or anything close, going to need huge numbers with some protection. We here and the UK are getting really close. Idiots (often the same who are most opposed to any restrictions at all) will slow us down. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The vaccination program is it. It is everything.

Get fucking vaccinated folks.

The ONLY way all this shit stops is with massive take up everywhere. Some people I thought were friends aren't going to have it. They can FUCK OFF 

Governments, not just ours, are going to be scared of going back into lockdown or anything close, going to need huge numbers with some protection. We here and the UK are getting really close. Idiots (often the same who are most opposed to any restrictions at all) will slow us down. 

More right than you already think there.

2 minutes ago, Entropy said:

I guess you never lived in any of those countries for an extended period of time.

You guessed wrong.

18 minutes ago, Entropy said:

if you knew what they really are, you would not be concerned

What's your take on that then - what are they really?

• Like 1

Ridiculous that schools aren’t fully open this week, was down port Erin today and beach/promenade was fairly full with families/teenagers so much for online teaching!! A few cafes including Davison’s open as well, bit like summer!

Crowning moment was a near neighbour who was down there with kayaks, guess what occupation?? Begins with T , on full pay still & doing Fuck all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

Ridiculous that schools aren’t fully open this week, was down port Erin today and beach/promenade was fairly full with families/teenagers so much for online teaching!! A few cafes including Davison’s open as well, bit like summer!

Crowning moment was a near neighbour who was down there with kayaks, guess what occupation?? Begins with T , on full pay still & doing Fuck all!

By rights our Chief CUNTSTABLE should be out investigating potential COVID-19 regulations breaches. They arrested and sentenced 3 people for meeting up in a flat in Ramsey. 

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Perhaps it is to keep the flies off his teeth.

The main risk when wearing a mask is touching it with infected hands. So if you are out going to multiple places, the safest thing to do is keep your mask on and not touch it. I don’t know why people are so interested in people wearing masks in cars on their own though? It seems to fascinate lots of people. I couldn’t give a shit. 

Edited by Fluffy123
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Taxidermist???

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3