IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Two deaths, one from anaphylaxis but not after vaccine, the other after vaccine,but from other causes.  Just so sad that this has misinformed and probably caused upset to the families. 

Not my understanding. One got anaphylaxis from the vaccine but survived. Another was vaccinated and died later of underlying health conditions not related to the vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trmpton said:

The fact that a couple of hours ago they couldn’t see where they were in Tynwald, look at what they still had to cover, and anticipate that it would be at least 5:30 before they could do a briefing makes me realise what a bunch of whoppers we are dealing with.

Loads of times I have been in meeting where it became apparent and hour or so before another commitment that we weren’t going to be done in time.

You look at where you are at and clearly communicate to those waiting what you think is a realistic timeline.

That would normally be making sure I didn’t waste 10-15 peoples time.  Not making several radio stations mess about with their programming and with thousands of people waiting to tune in.

Embarrassing.  What on earth were they thinking telling people 4:30?  

Chief Minister: ...and now we go to Paul Moulton. Good afternoon Paul

PM: Good evening Chief Minister...

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Two deaths, one from anaphylaxis but not after vaccine, the other after vaccine,but from other causes.  Just so sad that this has misinformed and probably caused upset to the families. 

One death.  Not related to the vaccine.

I dont see how any upset has been caused.   Over and above the upset of someone dying.  It's hardly like names were bandied about.  It was announced this morning. Retracted now.

• Like 1

I have not previously held strong views on IoMG's handling of COVID, though there has certainly been a bad smell around their dealings with Dr Glover and her company. Today though they have demonstrated complete contempt for the Island's people. Fully knowing the cruelty of the lockdown, the suffering it's been causing, the importance to businesses and all the other ways in which it impacts on lives, they chose to waffle on and listen to their own voices instead of hold the briefing at the scheduled time. Did nobody in the Keys think to put their own self-importance on hold and call for an adjournment of business until the briefing had been delivered? Shame on any MHK who spoke after 4.00pm without doing so. Shame on them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Ok, I’ll be the first to say it, H.Q is a blithering idiot without having David to carry him through, stumbling/stuttering and it’s just so utterly embarrassing for what is one of the most important press briefings this year.

he makes boris sound coherent

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I dont see how any upset has been caused.   Over and above the upset of someone dying.  It's hardly like names were bandied about.  It was announced this morning. Retracted now.

No, it seems two deaths were conflated.  Of course it could cause upset, people's emotions are pretty raw in bereavement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It shouldn’t have taken a question from the press for H.Q to clarify the situation, he obviously had the information there so why didn’t he announce it before?

• Like 2