IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

For goodness sake. We have had some very good news today and all people on here can do is bitch about it and try to make themselves seem smarter than they really are. 
I,for one,am happy that from Monday we can go back to normality. Sorry if that takes away the opportunity to moan, grumble and generally be miserable. I am going to enjoy my freedom again. 
You do what you want.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, it seems two deaths were conflated.  Of course it could cause upset, people's emotions are pretty raw in bereavement. 

I dont see how.

If someone died and was named as being dead due to a vaccine , which was incorrect information, then perhaps that could be adding additional upset.   Even that is debatable. 

But the reality is that is not the case.  How is it more upsetting?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

For goodness sake. We have had some very good news today and all people on here can do is bitch about it and try to make themselves seem smarter than they really are. 
I,for one,am happy that from Monday we can go back to normality. Sorry if that takes away the opportunity to moan, grumble and generally be miserable. I am going to enjoy my freedom again. 
You do what you want.

What point are you trying to make here?

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It shouldn’t have taken a question from the press for H.Q to clarify the situation, he obviously had the information there so why didn’t he announce it before?

It wasn't a question at the briefing, to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

It shouldn’t have taken a question from the press for H.Q to clarify the situation, he obviously had the information there so why didn’t he announce it before?

Ideally you would hope people were sensible enough not to bring it up at a press conference about covid restrictions. 

I dont see it as the important news.  Which is probably why it wasn't allowed to dominate the update.

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You do what you want.

Fair point.

But it's much better moaning about fuck all

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

I dont see how.

If someone died and was named as being dead due to a vaccine , which was incorrect information, then perhaps that could be adding additional upset.   Even that is debatable. 

But the reality is that is not the case.  How is it more upsetting?

Because the government got it wrong.  If you had a relative who had died from one cause, but government was making incorrect announcements and counselling a certain course, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off "they show disregard for my bereavement because thet can't even get their death right"?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Ideally you would hope people were sensible enough not to bring it up at a press conference about covid restrictions. 

I dont see it as the important news.  Which is probably why it wasn't allowed to dominate the update.

FFS, news announced earlier which could derail the vax programme and you don't think it is important that it was wrong?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Have you read my post ?

Yes.

You are happy that the blatantly obvious has been confirmed after it was already confirmed on Tuesday.

You think people are bitching because they still haven’t given a clear route forward, couldn’t even make th bel riding on time, and made an appalling screwup of announcing some deaths that shouldn’t have even been a consideration for public announcement.

What point are you trying to make?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You do what you want.

It was utterly embarrassing, It’s the most important briefing of this year so far, for starters it was late, then our health minister is absent, then we don’t hear anything of the vaccine death until prompted by the press, as for the other questions/answers, it was like pulling teeth. I’m happy with what has been announced but it wasn’t worth waiting for and a press release would have been sufficient.

• Like 2