IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Yibble said:

I have not previously held strong views on IoMG's handling of COVID, though there has certainly been a bad smell around their dealings with Dr Glover and her company. Today though they have demonstrated complete contempt for the Island's people. Fully knowing the cruelty of the lockdown, the suffering it's been causing, the importance to businesses and all the other ways in which it impacts on lives, they chose to waffle on and listen to their own voices instead of hold the briefing at the scheduled time. Did nobody in the Keys think to put their own self-importance on hold and call for an adjournment of business until the briefing had been delivered? Shame on any MHK who spoke after 4.00pm without doing so. Shame on them.

They seem to have forgotten that they are elected by the people, to work for the people. The people come first. Shameful really. 

• Like 9

Our beloved leader was bloody awful today. It was embarrassing. He can’t string a sentence together even when he’s reading from a script. And as soon as he starts going off piste, he ties himself in knots and sounds like English isn’t even his second language. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So contacted NHS test and fail UK about my travel plans and they now said this. Flopsicles.....does it mean I have to quarantine there? Confused now. 

image.png

You will be quarantining in the IOM. So you can come here. The bit they’ll get tied up with is their requirement that you book tests. It’s madness. Filipo has said what he did. You may get away with it. Or give a uK address, pay for 2 tests and come straight here. 

Which is what I alluded to earlier.

@Amadeus give me a bell

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

Our beloved leader was bloody awful today. It was embarrassing. He can’t string a sentence together even when he’s reading from a script. And as soon as he starts going off piste, he ties himself in knots and sounds like English isn’t even his second language. 

Awful today?

Have you not been paying attention for these last 12 months?

You would think given the 12 months of practice he would have got better too but no.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Can I stop listening to Manx Radio from Monday?

Yes.  From one minute past midnight the risk of brain damage is eliminated.

Two minutes before that the risk of listening without ear defenders is huge, and must not be ignored or you will end up in jurby 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

With the exception of Fastyr Mie, Manx certainly isn't his first language either.

24 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

So contacted NHS test and fail UK about my travel plans and they now said this. Flopsicles.....does it mean I have to quarantine there? Confused now. 

image.png

Doesn't the legislation say you can leave England with 2 days and not require the tests. This is a complete shambles which the IOM Government should be addressing