IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No kids have been vaccinated yet.

Our advisors say it doesn’t matter ... (in case you missed it 😉)

https://warwick.ac.uk/newsandevents/pressreleases/new_research_finds_no_evidence_that_schools_are_playing_a_significant_role_in_driving_spread_of_the_covid-19_virus_in_the_community1

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Doesn't our current lockdown not indicate quite the opposite?

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Doesn't our current lockdown not indicate quite the opposite?

Doesn't matter if kids have it and pass it round, the rest of us are/will be vaccinated so it is a non issue.  There isn't even a vaccine signed off for use on kids yet is there?  We will all be locked away for ever if we wait for that and panic about a virus floating around in a population with basically herd immunity as a result of vaccinations.

• Like 1

Just now, trmpton said:

Doesn't matter if kids have it and pass it round, the rest of us are/will be vaccinated so it is a non issue.  There isn't even a vaccine signed off for use on kids yet is there?  We will all be locked away for ever if we wait for that and panic about a virus floating around in a population with basically herd immunity as a result of vaccinations.

Maybe - but how many anti-vaxxers have we got - and how many crapped themselves and pulled out of jabs this week - especially after their comms debacle?

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Doesn't are current lockdown not indicate quite the opposite?

That’s the point I’m trying to make.

Howard Quayle intimated that we are taking our advice, or at least some of it, from academics at the University of Warwick.

The evidence, as we’ve discovered to our peril, is quite clearly contrary to what they (UofW) have fed CoMin.

I’d have thought the provenance of the science, data & advice for all the U.K. and Channel Islands would be from the same sources. That would make sense? Why are we using a University in Warwickshire! Maybe the U.K. do use them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Yes your right. He only got in again by a few votes. I can’t see the electorate voting him back in

Far bigger salaries - again your right, especially for people not exactly overbright, have a sense of entitlement and if their part of the establishment even better. I think HRH The Chief Minister will inherit the position of Tynpotwald President. Bigger Salary and fcuk all responsibilities, except to hold a chimps tea party to account every month.

I think Tynpotwald members will run rings around him. Plenty of Morra My, Faster My and Cheef Cuntstable to be talked about. No doubt a statement about the new LEFTENANT Guvenor. 

You sound like a right tit. (And a left one probably)

11 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Maybe - but how many anti-vaxxers have we got - and how many crapped themselves and pulled out of jabs this week - especially after their comms debacle?

That’s their problem, they can stay in & wear face masks when the visitors arrive 😀

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

He gets 88l for his job. What else is irrelevant to his job.

88k isn't a lot for what he does.

not for what he ought to be doing no, but for what he is actually capable of doing,   i think not.

Edited by Pipsqueak
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

if visitors to IOM are going to have a reduced quarantine from May, will that reduction also apply to island residents who travel to the UK ?

why not intorduce a reduction for both at the same time ?

I don’t see how they could try & justify otherwise.

We, as Islanders, would or should have exactly the same rights as anyone travelling here & be expected to follow the same isolation protocols in place at that point in time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good idea from Jersey, less restrictions if vaccinated with residents to benefit first

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/04/15/jersey-could-be-a-leader-with-covid-19-certificates/

so if you can't have the vaccine for medical reasons you're now a second class citizen with reduced legal rights ,  

• Like 3