IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

what colour would you have the  unvaccinated display so that you knew to avoid them ??

Don't mind what colour it is...as long as it is tattooed on their forehead...

Travelling Witless Anti-Vax Thicko - or just the first letters, as there will likely not be much space on their small sloped foreheads.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

No we don't.  That's simply not true.

What part is not true? It is completely correct. UK have realised this and are cracking on with second doses to eliminate the virus. At the same time they are locking down their borders, finally. Once they are on top of that, we can totally relax ours. But, we need to be in the same vaccination position (or better) than they are. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Cambon said:

It will happen, but not immediately. Baby steps. If Ashy would get on with second jabs, it could be brought forward. I mean, a fully vaccinated 80 year old is still at higher risk from Covid than an unvaccinated 30 year old. We need all over 50s fully vaccinated and then crack on! 

Just stay in your bunker with your negative thoughts!!

You were forecasting July/august  for any borders easing, said UK won’t meet any of roadmap etc etc & consistently wrong!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Based on the Manninline today there are some seriously unhappy people at the prospect of borders opening and reduced isolation.

Unlucky, you have a couple of weeks to build your bunkers and let the rest of us crack on.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Moanin line, its not a cross section of our society (thank god). Hardly anyone listens to it anymore as there is no Buster to keep us entertained with his nonsense and I wish Peters was still on though as at least he would sometimes challenge them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Based on the Manninline today there are some seriously unhappy people at the prospect of borders opening and reduced isolation.

Unlucky, you have a couple of weeks to build your bunkers and let the rest of us crack on.

If public policy across the board on the Island was driven by the sentiments expressed on the Mannin Line we’d be living in a parallel world to the early fifteenth century.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Don't mind what colour it is...as long as it is tattooed on their forehead...

Travelling Witless Anti-Vax Thicko - or just the first letters, as there will likely not be much space on their small sloped foreheads.

Watch yourself, i got banned for mentioning tattoos in the vaccination thread, the snowflakes were out in force allegedly.

Edited by Pipsqueak

7 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

Watch yourself, i got banned for mentioning tattoos in the vaccination thread, the snowflakes were out in force allegedly.

Your post was racist/anti Semitic and you’ve not been banned. You’re still posting. 

You were suspended.

If you want a ban just carry on being critical of moderating decisions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

I was under the impression that visitors from the IOM to the UK don’t have to isolate 

That is correct

I will rewrite what I posted.

IOM residents who travel to the UK have to isolate upon returning to the island for 14+ days.

In May visitors to IOM from UK will likely have their isolation / quarantine reduced to 5 or 7 days. If so, will IOM residents who travel from UK to IOM also have the duration of isolation / quarantine reduced ?

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

That is correct

IOM residents who travel to the UK have to isolate upon returning to the island for 14+ days.

In May visitors to IOM from UK will likely have their isolation / quarantine reduced to 5 or 7 days. If so, will IOM residents who travel from UK to IOM also have the duration of isolation / quarantine reduced ?

I don't see how residents quarantine period can be longer than a visitor.

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

That is correct

Well obviously.  You couldn't have a more restrictive set of isolation rules for residents.

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Except that the organisation of the FoM starts in January/February

Said it before, but what's needed now is honesty about the TT/FOM    Every 5 minutes there seems to be a new variant which we're all going to die from - or one recently vaccinated person who gets covid and therefore "the vaccines don't work and we're all going to die"    So in that atmosphere, can the TT ever go ahead again?    Even in the face of incontrovertible proof that vaccines reduce transmission (and I accept we don't have this yet) there will be those who won't believe it.    And those who refuse to have the vaccine are surely putting the capacity of the hospital at risk because the prospect of overwhelming of services will always be there; how can the TT/FOM go ahead next year?   I seriously doubt it can.    

9 minutes ago, snowman said:

That is correct

Isn't the 3A current isolation period 21 days?

Notwithstanding that, I think isolation should be for anyone testing positive on arrival, with or without a COVID jab. Having said that there will need to be some sort of proof of vaccination system in place if the Island wants to encourage visitors.

Visitors = money; doesn't matter whether they're family, friends or holidaymakers. 

• Like 1