IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

That will be good fun, but do you think there will be any more briefings like we have had?  My money is on announcements as and when things change dramatically.  They might squeeze one in to confirm that they have 'stepped out of our lives' (that's my entry, btw), but after that I think they will be pretty pointless. 

The briefings actually add to the fear factors, imo,  and reliance on how 'our parents' are going to protect us. It's up to to the GMP now.

Apart from that, a few sticky moments are on the horizon. 

Agree.  I foresee no more briefings or reporting of "cases".

A couple of border announcements and hopefully a clear framework for the future.

Cases become and accepted part of life rather than a news story and hopefully the obsession with this virus goes away.

There is still part of me that thinks if it hadn't been so widely reported that a few of us would have got sick last year, a few of us would have died, but actually life could have carried on as normal and having been left to run its course it would have actually caused a lot less harm than mankind have actually caused ourselves through our reactions to it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The Chief said:

thats because the old framework was fucking ridiculous from the start and i don't know about anyone else but it set my mental health back a good few steps thinking i couldn't get off this island (easily) till September.

That was John Wrights fault for being......well realistic. Maybe he has upped his optimism based on Howards speech

If there is a last briefing, then at the end.

HQ "It's Fastyr mie from me"

DA "and it's Faster mie from him"

In unison "Fastyr mie"

(Slow fade to black, bagpipes, Ellan Vannin)

End title simply reads (copyright Clownshoe productions - 2020 to 2021)

Then a web link to massively discounted Howard o clock Merchandise.

• Haha 8

5 minutes ago, trmpton said:

If there is a last briefing, then at the end.

HQ "It's Fastyr mie from me"

DA "and it's Faster mie from him"

In unison "Fastyr mie"

(Slow fade to black, bagpipes, Ellan Vannin)

End title simply reads (copyright Clownshoe productions - 2020 to 2021)

Then a web link to massively discounted Howard o clock Merchandise.

Do you think they could squeeze in a reference to fork handles? (Possibly the most unfunny but most loved sketch, I think.)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Just stay in your bunker with your negative thoughts!!

You were forecasting July/august  for any borders easing, said UK won’t meet any of roadmap etc etc & consistently wrong!!!

I admit, I was possibly wrong (1). However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon, you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

(1) It is yet to be seen what will happen over there. Bur I still don't think it will go to plan. It will be delayed. 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

I admit, I was possibly wrong (1). However, if you think you are going anywhere outside the uk anytime soon, you will be sadly disappointed, because by the time Boris allows overseas travel, he will be insisting on 10 days to 2 weeks isolation. Iom will follow suit. Boris has basically, finally closed uk borders Iom style just a year too late. 

I stand by the fact that we will not be borders level 2 or lower before September. 

(1) It is yet to be seen what will happen over there. Bur I still don't think it will go to plan. It will be delayed. 

You are hoping but think you will be wrong again, international travel June on traffic light system with vaccine passports to avoid quarantine etc in most European countries.

Level 2 won’t exist under new traffic light system, keep up with developments 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

Borders to and from the Iom will be completely open well before September.

What do you think "level 2" will look like in a couple of weeks?