IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Banker said:

Oh didn’t know you knew the testing capacity and had discussed it with relevant people!

watch out for next week 

Well it was widely reported that the current on-Island capacity for tests is around 200 a day (I suspect they might be able to get that to 300, but it would require extra staff) and that testing was only running at around 50-60 a day, though I haven't been able to check recently as they stopped reporting at the end of July.  So that should give spare capacity of around 1,000 a week.  But of course there may be more people we should have beeen testing, but haven't.

29 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well it was widely reported that the current on-Island capacity for tests is around 200 a day (I suspect they might be able to get that to 300, but it would require extra staff) and that testing was only running at around 50-60 a day, though I haven't been able to check recently as they stopped reporting at the end of July.  So that should give spare capacity of around 1,000 a week.  But of course there may be more people we should have beeen testing, but haven't.

HQ implied in the last briefing that if it went to seven days, you'd have the test on the 7th day of isolation and if it came back negative you'd be able to go back to work but not pubs or the cinema or where people are or some other rambling! I'll watch it back, it was wonderful tv.

It can be found on Facebook (Manx Radio videos, Press Briefing July 30th, -24 minutes)

Edited by Nom de plume

52 minutes ago, Southfork said:

I don't think it will be too long before we’re back in lockdown as the system lacks any form of integrity or detailed checking. But, hey, the borders are closed so we’re all safe! Right? 

I don’t want the borders to remain closed any more than you do and I guess the difficult bit is getting the balance right whilst the countries around us are in a much worse situation than we are.  We should all be celebrating where we are now, taking individual responsibilities seriously and hoping that we stay with no cases or at least numbers stay very low if/when it comes back as its bound too.  Oh, and dealing robustly with anyone who doesn’t do what they’ve agreed to do in order to come to the Island.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Sorry athats completely wrong, we do have capacity for testing and the person in charge has said so. Testing is way to go and heathrow airport are pushing to trial it for U.K. Arrivals 

Interesting, Banker. I can only assume you did not listen to the final government briefing a few weeks ago. They said at the end of August they would consider the 7 days and test regime along with easing borders slightly. They also said it was not possible at that time. They could only conduct a maximum of 200 tests a day, and that the it would take until the end of August to increase the testing ability to allow 7 days and test to be an option. 

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Interesting, Banker. I can only assume you did not listen to the final government briefing a few weeks ago. They said at the end of August they would consider the 7 days and test regime along with easing borders slightly. They also said it was not possible at that time. They could only conduct a maximum of 200 tests a day, and that the it would take until the end of August to increase the testing ability to allow 7 days and test to be an option. 

Interesting cambon, only assume you have not been speaking to your tynwald members, announcement soon

would assume testing capability has been increased similar to UK, Jersey, Guernsey and every where else in the world or are you implying our government have done nothing in interim?

Edited by Banker

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Interesting cambon, only assume you have not been speaking to your tynwald members, announcement soon

would assume testing capability has been increased similar to UK, Jersey, Guernsey and every where else in the world or are you implying our government have done nothing in interim?

As The Teapot said. However, a completely new lab had to be set up, staffed, training, etc. Takes time. 

Unless things turn really bad in the uk, expect a positive announcement next week. 

By the way, the infection rate in the uk is worse now than when HQ made the announcement that we may go to 7 days and test in September if the infection rate fell. I think we will go to 7 days and test anyway. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

How nice for some. I wonder if he'll explore in greater detail than he did in NZ? Sorry, that was an official trip, wasn't it?

That explains it then....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Banker said:

This extra activity only happened following Chris Thomas question as to what was position with track & trace

Correct and in that news report of the Belfast woman who took the bus into Douglas from Castletown to visit the lock smith. Where’s the tracking log of everyone on the bus? Have their addresses been traced? Have they all been contacted? Have they been told to self isolate just in case? Are they now being monitored self isolating? We all know the answer. So mostly it’s a waste of fucking time. I hope this will be one of Thomas’ next questions. 

17 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

One could assume that Mr. Quayle’s multiple holiday lets on the Island are generating record receipts from local staycationers left with nowhere else to go owing to the unreasonably lengthy quarantine durations ?

I’m sure he’s ticking along very nicely as a result of the current policy, not that one would insinuate border restrictions are leading to an increase in personal wealth for someone who might be in a position to dictate of course.

You are not the brightest light on the tree, are you. What a stupid insinuation. 

• Like 1