IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

32 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Exactly. That is why one would not insinuate such a thing. 

I am sure the staycation market is currently very lucrative however.

I personally don’t like the guy, but I do think he has done well for us. I would not want the responsibility he has had and still has, would you ?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Correct and in that news report of the Belfast woman who took the bus into Douglas from Castletown to visit the lock smith. Where’s the tracking log of everyone on the bus? Have their addresses been traced? Have they all been contacted? Have they been told to self isolate just in case? Are they now being monitored self isolating? We all know the answer. So mostly it’s a waste of fucking time. I hope this will be one of Thomas’ next questions. 

Yes Track and trace is a waste of fucking time. 

Person "X" comes back to the Island and isolates for 7 days. They test negative and go back to work. Three days later, they start with symptoms. The whole business is told to self isolate. Business goes belly up. They try to contact everyone person " X" has been in contact with. They telephone Banker and tell him he served person "X" two days ago and he now must isolate for 14 days. You are then telephoned and told you have been in contact with some random person called person "X", whom you don't know and don't recall meeting. You are to.d to isolate for 14 days. The permutations are endless. 

It will be interesting to see how it works. If I were to receive a call telling me to isolate because I have been in contact with a person "X", I am not sure what I would do. I have not signed an agreement with government agreeing to isolate. Why should I put my life on hold for literally no reason. It is not going to work.

6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I personally don’t like the guy, but I do think he has done well for us. I would not want the responsibility he has had and still has, would you ?

Absolutely not.

I actually think he handled the whole thing very well initially but it’s slipped now.

40 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes Track and trace is a waste of fucking time. 

Is it you managing this unmonitored travel permit fiasco? That’s the worse argument I’ve read so far. But it could be summarized simply as “can’t be arsed doing it properly” just like up until today we couldn’t be arsed checking that everyone was actually self isolating we just took their word for it. Naturally a system that is based on couldn’t be arsed doing it properly isn’t really going to protect us from much is it? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Funnily enough when HRH The Chief Minister goes to Guernsey, he will be able to see how real tourism works, not like the tourism practiced here. He will be able to walk on the Promenade without fear of dog shit or chewing gum. He will see how Guernsey has hoovered up some of the business from the IOM. When he visits Sark perhaps he could reminisce about when Colin Kniveton was sent to Sark, to help them establish a civil service - yes, a truly Manx success story, of officialdom, rules and government charges. 

12 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Funnily enough when HRH The Chief Minister goes to Guernsey, he will be able to see how real tourism works, not like the tourism practiced here. He will be able to walk on the Promenade without fear of dog shit or chewing gum. He will see how Guernsey has hoovered up some of the business from the IOM. When he visits Sark perhaps he could reminisce about when Colin Kniveton was sent to Sark, to help them establish a civil service - yes, a truly Manx success story, of officialdom, rules and government charges. 

Colin Kniveton. Ha ha,....ha ha...ha ha and many more ha ha’s. FFS

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

A real shame.

The through fare booking option was excellent.