IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 hours ago, Cambon said:

We don't currently have any flights or boats going anywhere but England. Forget Lapland, skiing, etc irrelevant. Even Majorca. Go via England. Go on holiday. Take your risk. Pay your consequence. Or, go to England. Free movement. 

What is your problem with that? It won't happen before 21 June. More likely  beginning of July. 

I am beginning to think you are a bunker boy! 

Neither do Channel Islands, you stated they had many direct flights to Europe, you were asked where to & couldn’t answer as usual!!

9 hours ago, Cambon said:

What is your problem with that? It won't happen before 21 June. More likely  beginning of July. 

Just in time for "Our Independence Day".

What good timing. !

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

No the false negatives are always more of a problem unless incidence is so very low that it's not worth doing any testing at all.  The reason is the difference in consequences.  If someone has a false positive it means they can't get in the pub.  If they have a false negative it means you've got an infected pub and everyone who catches Covid there will take it back to their families and workplaces and you've got an outbreak.

Add to that that the figures for false negatives are much higher than for false positives (maybe up to 50%) and you've got a recipe for disaster.  Lateral flow tests look like they are worse than useless because they will provide reassurance that isn't justified.

With such a high percentage of false positives with the LFT method, it makes you wonder whether the manufacturers had inadvertently created a test for antibodies!

On MR DA has explained how he 'convoluted ' (think he meant conflated) two cases resulting in his incorrect statement to Keys.  No hint of embarrassment, regret or contrition.  That's what worries me; he shows nothing other than absolute belief in his statements, even when they are wrong and proved embarrassing and potentially damaging too!

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

On MR DA has explained how he 'convoluted ' (think he meant conflated) two cases resulting in his incorrect statement to Keys.  No hint of embarrassment, regret or contrition.  That's what worries me; he shows nothing other than absolute belief in his statements, even when they are wrong and proved embarrassing and potentially damaging too!

Potentially damaging? How so?   (Those idiots that don't want the vaccine are not going to be swayed one way or the other by what Ashford says).

I'm sure he would prefer it didn't happen.  But it's hardly the end of the world.

As for showing belief in his statements - that's exactly what he should be doing.   If he projected the opposite then he would be getting shit about that.  What should he be doing?

24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

He can’t be wrong. Ever. We’ve all known men like him, women too. He’s a dangerous man to be in charge of anything, let alone our health. 

But he's not alone, it's the whole Govt ethos and has been for many years (and it's not peculiar to the IoM).

When was the last time that there was any admission of error, wrong doing, or cock-up over anything? Let alone an apology or even a "Sorry, we got it wrong"? I can't personally remember.

Responsibility for any due reparations are just dumped on the taxpayer in due course and people eventually retire with their careers and entitlements intact.

• Like 4

Dr Allinson taking up most of  the story in front of the committee. Clearly there is a strategy for him to take the lead and set the tones.

Trust me I'm a Doctor !

Disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

1.Potentially damaging? How so?   (Those idiots that don't want the vaccine are not going to be swayed one way or the other by what Ashford says).

2.I'm sure he would prefer it didn't happen.  But it's hardly the end of the world.

3.As for showing belief in his statements - that's exactly what he should be doing.   If he projected the opposite then he would be getting shit about that.  What should he be doing?

1. The vax programme is voluntary and hearts and minds is where the success lies.  People have been scared through covid and that fear will perpetuate in the vax programme.   The idiots, as you call them, are exactly where the vax war is won, too many people deciding against vax will negate the whole initiative to get this under some kind of control.

2. We all wished it didn't happen.  But why is he jumping to such a serious conclusion, vax+ anaphylaxis + death, without checking the facts? 

3. You miss my point, see 2 above. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

When was the last time that there was any admission of error, wrong doing, or cock-up over anything? Let alone an apology or even a "Sorry, we got it wrong"? I can't personally remember.

A few days ago re the anaphylaxis incident. HQ had to read out his apology as DA was in the Keys, or wherever but it was definitely an apology, an admission of error.

Edited by The Voice of Reason

4 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

A few days ago re the anaphylaxis incident. HQ had to read out his apology as DA was in the Keys, or wherever but it was definitely an apology, an admission of error.

He also read it wrong. Listen back, see if you can spot the major and frankly stupid error.

• Like 1