IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Banker said:

This is what we need , hopefully Howie will oblige this week 😀

image.thumb.png.5b53f4951a5014234426452f284f1ef7.png

No we don't. What we need is for the UK to implementment their traffic lights system for all arrivals from outside the UK, and for us to have free movement to and from England. It is as simple as that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

No we don't. What we need is for the UK to implementment their traffic lights system for all arrivals from outside the UK, and for us to have free movement to and from England. It is as simple as that. 

Hey you, not gonna happen ;0)

Buckle up princess.

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

In the same way you force your kid to say sorry to his brother for punching him, yes.

DA makes a full and frank apology (“I hold my hands up” ) and you brush it off with some inane comment about someone punching his brother.

I have listened to his apology and it certainly doesn’t sound like “no hint of embarrassment, regret or contrition”

What sort of fucking kangaroo court is this?

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

He also read it wrong. Listen back, see if you can spot the major and frankly stupid error.

I see also that it was ‘a misunderstanding’...and not ‘a nailed-on Ministerial cock-up’.

• Like 1

Found the perfect job opening for those of you here who believe they know exactly what government should be doing as regards covid and who are also extremely jealous of the terms and conditions of employment in the Manx Civil Service:

Health Intelligence Analyst

It's a position within the Cabinet Office and so presumably one of the perks would be the ability to tell HQ, DA, HH et al exactly what you think of them to their faces.  

Day to day, your duties will include:

• Maintaining and updating the core Public Health Outcomes dataset
  • Developing and designing data sets, dashboards and information as appropriate to reflect the information needs of the Public Health Directorate
  • Providing analytical support to the COVID Response Team
  • Development of Public Health Lifestyle Surveys
  • Preparation and validation of data required for Population Needs Assessment
  • Maintaining and developing the database of Death Registrations
  • Support others in the production of analyses through collaboration within the Health Intelligence team and wider cross-government analytical colleagues

20 minutes ago, Cambon said:

and for us to have free movement to and from England. It is as simple as that. 

Couldn't agree with you more. 

'We' are no different to any other part of the country.  Is Cornwall or County Durham going to demand a CV test for everyone entering the county and demand isolation until the result appears?  Of course not.

And before the 'it's different here 'cos we're an island' brigade pipe up - no it isn't. Any county could treat itself as an Island using the 'avoid overloading the county hospital' argument.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.  Either this vaccine programme works and we get on with life or it doesn't and we slowly regress to the dark ages.  The CI system is utter bolleaux.

Standing by for incoming.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gladys said:

On MR DA has explained how he 'convoluted ' (think he meant conflated) two cases resulting in his incorrect statement to Keys.  No hint of embarrassment, regret or contrition.  That's what worries me; he shows nothing other than absolute belief in his statements, even when they are wrong and proved embarrassing and potentially damaging too!

Manx Radio has finally managed to report his comments online.  But as you say he seems almost unconcerned and more seriously doesn't really seem able to give reassurance in any but the most general terms. 

Most age groups are still only about 75% vaccinated (except for those where it has magically leapt to over 99%) so there is clearly some scope for authoritative reassurance but Quayle and Ashford seem to have convinced themselves that they are the only voices the Great Manx Public want to hear.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It's a position within the Cabinet Office and so presumably one of the perks would be the ability to tell HQ, DA, HH et al exactly what you think of them to their faces.  

That's probably why they are looking for a new one.

(It actually doesn't seem that much for that sort of data analysis job).

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Manx Radio has finally managed to report his comments online.  But as you say he seems almost unconcerned and more seriously doesn't really seem able to give reassurance in any but the most general terms. 

Most age groups are still only about 75% vaccinated (except for those where it has magically leapt to over 99%) so there is clearly some scope for authoritative reassurance but Quayle and Ashford seem to have convinced themselves that they are the only voices the Great Manx Public want to hear.

One of the (many) things that annoys me concerning the juvenile antics of Jef the Mongoose is the speed with which they created, and the perpetuation of, this puerile presentation of Quayle and Ashford as jolly little cartoon characters. Rather than challenge (as you say the ego twins inability to invite credible, informed voices to the platform being one avenue for analysis) Jef seems to think we are taking these goons to our hearts and need little keepsakes. What next? Inspirational quotes on fridge magnets...’Anaphalaxis Death’ ‘I’ve shredded it’ ‘Full rebuttal in days’. I suppose the only thing that has prevented Jef producing a Howard Quayle action figurine is the cost of all the plastic that would be required. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

4 deaths recorded in the U.K. today & 179 hospital admissions.

10 deaths yesterday.

Within 28 days of a positive C-19 test.

Our families still can’t be reunited.

What sort of society does this to people?

To be fair, Mondays figures are usually low. Balanced out Tuesday or Wednesday. But still, it is like us having the odd case pop up each day and occasional death. We need to trust in the vaccine. 

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

To be fair, Mondays figures are usually low. Balanced out Tuesday or Wednesday. But still, it is like us having the odd case pop up each day and occasional death. We need to trust in the vaccine. 

It is inhumane & fucking ridiculous.

• Like 2