IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

48 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

DA makes a full and frank apology (“I hold my hands up” ) and you brush it off with some inane comment about someone punching his brother.

I have listened to his apology and it certainly doesn’t sound like “no hint of embarrassment, regret or contrition”

What sort of fucking kangaroo court is this?

Sounds like you're cracking up. The pressure of keeping this ludicrous support in the face of all reason up must be getting to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Now, am I living in an alternative dimension or something?  But I recall that the reason given at the time for not locking down on that Saturday at the end of February was because there wasn't time to draft the necessary order.  Dr Allinson says it was because the data didn't support it until the following week. 

Am I losing it?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Now, am I living in an alternative dimension or something?  But I recall that the reason given at the time for not locking down on that Saturday at the end of February was because there wasn't time to draft the necessary order.  Dr Allinson says it was because the data didn't support it until the following week. 

Am I losing it?

No, you’re not. They’re clueless and full of bull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

This is the way forward. As long as everyone follows the passive follow up rules for 14  days. ( This is the small print)

The passive rules are only don’t go into a health environment eg hospital, dentist etc unless emergency.

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

Found the perfect job opening for those of you here who believe they know exactly what government should be doing as regards covid and who are also extremely jealous of the terms and conditions of employment in the Manx Civil Service:

Health Intelligence Analyst

It's a position within the Cabinet Office and so presumably one of the perks would be the ability to tell HQ, DA, HH et al exactly what you think of them to their faces.  

Day to day, your duties will include:

• Maintaining and updating the core Public Health Outcomes dataset
  • Developing and designing data sets, dashboards and information as appropriate to reflect the information needs of the Public Health Directorate
  • Providing analytical support to the COVID Response Team
  • Development of Public Health Lifestyle Surveys
  • Preparation and validation of data required for Population Needs Assessment
  • Maintaining and developing the database of Death Registrations
  • Support others in the production of analyses through collaboration within the Health Intelligence team and wider cross-government analytical colleagues

An overpaid data input clerk. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Am I losing it?

What about the fact he wouldn't do anything different, if it happened again.

Frightening really with the amount of children with covid and homes that were put into isolation.

His arrogance to except and admit that they shouldn't have let schools back on 1st March is unbelievalbe.

• Like 5

Couple of Covid related questions tomorrow 

The Hon. Member for Douglas Central (Mr Thomas) to ask the Chief Minister –
What evidence Council of Ministers has which other Tynwald members and the public do not have when it makes decisions regarding the Borders and Stay Responsible policy frameworks and the Government’s approach to living with COVID-19 and in considering the risks and different scenarios arising from the evolving local and global COVID-19 pandemic situations?
2. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –
What plans he has to enable Island residents travelling to other areas of the British Isles to get access to vaccination passports and other documentation to show their vaccination status to allow access to venues?

46 minutes ago, Holte End said:

What about the fact he wouldn't do anything different, if it happened again.

Frightening really with the amount of children with covid and homes that were put into isolation.

His arrogance to except and admit that they shouldn't have let schools back on 1st March is unbelievalbe.

Well, indeed.  Businesses were asked to voluntarily do the right thing on that Saturday, but they didn't have the data to support a lockdown so why ask people to give up income? 

Do you know, I am sure I turned that light on.

• Like 1