IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, snowman said:

this is the sort of issue that Tynwald should be pressing HQ to resolve

Really? How is HQ, or Tynwald for that matter, going to deal with 100+ countries, many more airlines, 1000’s of ground handling companies and tens of 1000’s of staff, mainly in languages other than English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

considering IOM residents can already access the NHS app and it shows vaccination status. this shouldnt take long to sort out

Nothing to do. We just agree with UK to piggy back Covid passports on the UK NHS App and the locator on the UK NHS Covid App.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Really? How is HQ, or Tynwald for that matter, going to deal with 100+ countries, many more airlines, 1000’s of ground handling companies and tens of 1000’s of staff, mainly in languages other than English.

the alternative is to never leave GB

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Seriously for a moment to answer the point.  It needs information setup on the likes to TIMATIC which is used by airlines and agents.  

Here's a link to a publicly accessible TIMATIC site  https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic?i=TIMATIC

Most use a private access

Edited by snowman

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

Seriously for a moment to answer the point.  It needs information setup on the likes to TIMATIC which is used by airlines and agents.  

Here's a link to a publicly accessible TIMATIC site  https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic?i=TIMATIC

Most use a private access

And do you think the chap/chappess at Check-In desk/baggage drop or security ( if you’ve checked in on line and don’t have hold bags ) will be instructed to use or authorised to make decisions based on it?

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

And do you think the chap/chappess at Check-In desk/baggage drop or security ( if you’ve checked in on line and don’t have hold bags ) will be instructed to use or authorised to make decisions based on it?

thats exacly how its used

19 minutes ago, snowman said:

thats exacly how its used

I’ve only ever seen Customs/immigration use the paper one, scurrying to their office to bring it out, out of date - and unused/pristine. That was once in Bulgaria. So may not be typical. They weren’t sure if I needed to have a visa.

It needs an app, and I’m assuming as part of the Covid pass function IATA are  developing it will arrive.

But, yes, having IOM listed as a country destination would help.

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

How will our ‘friends’ in Jersey and Guernsey cope? Surely they will be in the same situation as us. What about Gibraltar? 

29 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve only ever seen Customs/immigration use the paper one, scurrying to their office to bring it out, out of date - and unused/pristine. That was once in Bulgaria. So may not be typical. They weren’t sure if I needed to have a visa.

It needs an app, and I’m assuming as part of the Covid pass function IATA are  developing it will arrive.

But, yes, having IOM listed as a country destination would help.

IOM is listed by IATA as an origin/destination. No need to worry about that. The issue, as you say, is ensuring the various handling companies along the chain will be up-to-date with the transit protocols in due course.

Could be an opportunity for a local Travel Agent? Provide a sheaf of info. for Customs and Airlines outlining the requirements dor on travel to the Island? Not a 'Certificate' obviously but a clarification for the staff on the ground quoting the official regs.

Good for local business.

I don't usually listen to keys or the committee meetings but have yesterday and today.

Unless I missed it re the borders, have they actually given a single piece of definite information re dates, levels in the UK required, vaccine rollout percentages etc?

All I have heard is "some people would open tomorrow" "some would stay closed for ever" "need to balance risk " blah blah blah.

Everywhere I have ever worked stating the obvious and wasting everyone's time (time is money remember) would get you ejected from the meeting or told to get to the point.

I have listened to hours of this guff now and haven't heard a single definite way forward or even what needs to happen before they can give one.

Just copy Guernsey and stop wasting time.

Ps - how come the entire private sector is back up and running, and loads of government departments and facilities still aren't.

MNH still closed with "phased reopening" from tomorrow.

Tips (I know technically not central governemnt) still not operating fully - why?

Several people saying they can't get through to Departments.

Try booking a motorbike test.  The online system is offline and you have to go up there and fill a form in.

They have all just had weeks off to put everything in place to reopen bigger, better and more efficiently than before - like the private sector did, as soon as restrictions were lifted.

Joke

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Could be an opportunity for a local Travel Agent?

Lol. Do you know anyone who has used a travel agency this century? Do they even still exist.

Even the elderly cruise ship demographic are online now.

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I don't usually listen to keys or the committee meetings but have yesterday and today.

Unless I missed it re the borders, have they actually given a single piece of definite information re dates, levels in the UK required, vaccine rollout percentages etc?

All I have heard is "some people would open tomorrow" "some would stay closed for ever" "need to balance risk " blah blah blah.

Everywhere I have ever worked stating the obvious and wasting everyone's time (time is money remember) would get you ejected from the meeting or told to get to the point.

I have listened to hours of this guff now and haven't heard a single definite way forward or even what needs to happen before they can give one.

Just copy Guernsey and stop wasting time.

Ps - how come the entire private sector is back up and running, and loads of government departments and facilities still aren't.

MNH still closed with "phased reopening" from tomorrow.

Tips (I know technically not central governemnt) still not operating fully - why?

Several people saying they can't get through to Departments.

Try booking a motorbike test.  The online system is offline and you have to go up there and fill a form in.

They have all just had weeks off to put everything in place to reopen bigger, better and more efficiently than before - like the private sector did, as soon as restrictions were lifted.

Joke

The CM statements on Covid presumably including exit plan are after lunch as just finished questions.

You are right re government facilities, the Villa gardens are not reopening until Friday but seems lots of them in there doing some power hosing as I walked along, WTF have they been doing for 7 weeks?

• Like 1