IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

wtf does this mean?  The Uk are there right now, so does this mean basically no isolation from 1st May?

"Level 2 – Fewer than 30 in 100,000 cases – tests on arrival and day six – 14 days isolation or one day with testing and shared isolation will be an option."

No it’s 7 days isolation with 2 tests until 29/05 as I read it then isolating until negative test 

3 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Well all they have done so far is confuse people.  There are many interpretations out there now.

I don't shy away from criticising, but to be fair, it has to be read and approved/amended by Tynwald.  Then some bright spark will have to summarise it for general consumption. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

No it’s 7 days isolation with 2 tests until 29/05 as I read it then isolating until negative test 

"14 days isolation or one day with testing and shared isolation will be an option"

Still confused.  Sure as Gladys says the summary was produced last week and is ready to publish as soon as approved.

Why publish such a convoluted document before it is signed off and when people weren't expecting it?

Morons

6 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I think the time scale is about right, and pretty much as I predicted. 

There is little point in opening the borders much quicker. 

WTF you were saying September at same time you were saying UK wouldn’t keep to roadmap!!!

in fact your post from last week so stop telling porkies 😀

late. I stand by the fact that we will not beborders level 2 or lower before September. (1) It is yet to be seen what will happen over there. Bur I still don't think it will go to plan. It will be delayed.

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

WTF you were saying September at same time you were saying UK wouldn’t keep to roadmap!!!

Uk will probably keep to its roadmap now, but they changed the goal posts by closing the borders. I still don't see people going on family holidays before September. September is key because it is when the schools go back and people cannot then go on family holidays. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Enjoy your cruise with the rest of the old dears. Avoid the buffet is my advice. 

Surprised you’re not in radio silence in bunker with Cambon 😂

3 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Uk will probably keep to its roadmap now, but they changed the goal posts by closing the borders. I still don't see people going on family holidays before September. September is key because it is when the schools go back and people cannot then go on family holidays. 

WTF are you going on about the boat & planes will be rammed with residents & visitors both ways. 
A few days ago you said border would not be open until September then a few minutes ago you said you predicted they would be open as just announced.

Just admit you’ve been wrong every time just like Pongo!!

Edited by Banker

54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And they wonder why people speculate and don’t understand.

1 A4 sheet please. Bullet points. Something easy to refer to. Instead we get this undoubtably glorious piece of art that will no doubt lead to many questions being asked for the next few months. 

Should have just cut and paste the Guernsey pages.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Why publish such a convoluted document before it is signed off and when people weren't expecting it?

A couple of points:

This was expected, Tynwald has requested it in March. It looks like it was late to be sent to the clerk of tynwald and the President picked up on this.

All reports come before Tynwald this way so this is the final version of the report but the devil is in the motion because that will contain what actions the Government want to take. As the order paper containing the motion has not been published we don't what the Government want tynwald to do with this report (although usually it's just accepting the report and approving the recommendations within it)

The report WILL be approved as it is because by the sounds of it every Tynwald member has been shown this framework and had an input into it over the last few weeks. The easiest way to get someone to do what you want is to make them feel they own a part of it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Banker said:

Surprised you’re not in radio silence in bunker with Cambon 😂

WTF are you going on about the boat & planes will be rammed with residents & visitors both ways. 
A few days ago you said border would not be open until September then a few minutes ago you said you predicted they would be open as just announced.

Just admit you’ve been wrong every time just like Pongo!!

No. I said nobody will be going anywhere outside UK until at least September. I expected free travel between here and UK in July, which is looking correct. Just what quarantine and testing may be retained is up for debate. Personally, I don't think any quarantine or testing will be required by July. 

I am sure you will still be wearing a mask and probably doing your own testing in your bunker

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

No. I said nobody will be going anywhere outside UK until at least September. I expected free travel between here and UK in July, which is looking correct. Just what quarantine and testing may be retained is up for debate. Personally, I don't think any quarantine or testing will be required by July. 

I am sure you will still be wearing a mask and probably doing your own testing in your bunker

Stop lying this is what you said a few days ago and I quote , absolutely no mention of travel outside UK which by the way you will also be proved wrong on !!

I stand by the fact that we will not beborders level 2 or lower before September

• Haha 1