IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I think that we have to be magnanimous during this 'Mitigation' phase.

If there is a need to charge for testing, it should be the same for all. Possible Human Rights problems if we differentiate?

That charge should be reasonable and not overly profitable. If the testing is for the protection of Island residents, then the charge cannot be justified.

Is it absolutely necessary to have a Spanish holiday at this particular time in the covid period? Should we be happy that we can once again visit relatives in the UK?..... and stick to that for now?

We need to decide what is necessary travel, visiting relatives and what is pure pleasure travel and decide whether in the height of a pandemic it is the time to risk re-infection of a population for the pleasure of a small number of that population?

It has to be remembered that a significant portion of our people cannot afford, at any time, to have a Costa holiday!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

It is either.  You can isolate for 14 days if you won't be tested.  If you will be tested it is one day .  What's difficult to understand there?

It is clear that testing will be prevalent. If you don't want it then you will be isolating.

As Guernsey found out testing on day one followed by release has a high level of risk. An unlikely option for the denizens of Tynwald I would suggest....

The latest masterplan declares that on May 1st the borders will move to Level 3.

Fair enough.

Now is that Level 3A or is it Level 3B?

Or have I had too much Fraoch...?

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

If a test costs buttons i don't see what the problem is. if you go on holiday, pay for your test.

Expensive buttons. 

I don’t mind paying, as long as it’s reasonable, fair and the rules applied fairly. Sadly being the IOM it will be administered badly, another clusterfcuk. Like Animal Farm some more equal than others, 

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As Guernsey found out testing on day one followed by release has a high level of risk. An unlikely option for the denizens of Tynwald I would suggest....

If you seek an elimination strategy then there would be potential not to catch every case.  But that isn't the position.   Plenty of people will have covid in future.  Most won't know.  And most won't feel any material impact.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Expensive buttons. 

I don’t mind paying, as long as it’s reasonable, fair and the rules applied fairly. Sadly being the IOM it will be administered badly, another clusterfcuk. Like Animal Farm some more equal than others, 

The current testing on return is done very well.  

How do you mean, some more equal tha n others? 

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

If you seek an elimination strategy then there would be potential not to catch every case.  But that isn't the position.   Plenty of people will have covid in future.  Most won't know.  And most won't feel any material impact.

The position is that testing on arrival or arrival+1 comes with an absolutely cast iron guarantee that you won't catch those carrying the virus. Unlike you Tynwald knows this. So your assertion that this is the planned way forward comes as something of a surprise.

Incidentally do you know if it's borders to Level 3A or Level 3B on May 1st? After all, you seem to know so much about it...

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The position is that testing on arrival or arrival+1 comes with an absolutely cast iron guarantee that you won't catch those carrying the virus. Unlike you Tynwald knows this. So your assertion that this is the planned way forward comes as something of a surprise.

Incidentally do you know if it's borders to Level 3A or Level 3B on May 1st? After all, you seem to know so much about it...

Don't be a knob.   And a lazy one at that.

The paper to Tynwald says exactly what I've said.  Testing or don't have a test and isolate. 

Also, your speaking BS about cast iron guarantees.  What are you on about?  Testing upon return is a defence mechanism to catch some cases.  Not to provide elimination of covid.

Which bit isn't clear about elimination no longer being an expectation or a strategy?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Don't be a knob.   And a lazy one at that.

The paper to Tynwald says exactly what I've said.  Testing or don't have a test and isolate. 

Also, your speaking BS about cast iron guarantees.  What are you on about?  Testing upon return is a defence mechanism to catch some cases.  Not to provide elimination of covid.

Which bit isn't clear about elimination no longer being an expectation or a strategy?

So you don't know if it's Level 3A or 3B either. I'm a bit surprised about that...

What is the testing strategy, with test schedules and costings, in the paper to Tynwald?

Busy people like me always appreciate an Exec Summary.

Thanks.

That document is very strangely written, presumably to divert attention away from the fact that the changes are actually pretty drastic (and broadly what some one here were suggesting , basically CI plus a couple of weeks)

As I understand it and as levels in the UK stand today we are basically free from the end of May, but with a few hours/maybe a day of isolation pending a clear test when we come back or visitors come in)

There is no mention of testing before travel or masks on boats etc.  Seems a bit pointless that someone who tests positive when landing could have just shared a space with loads of others who will go on to test negative and be free to do as they wish until their day 7 test.

Generally good news.  I don't think the headlines stating borders fully open end of June are telling the full story to those who haven't read the document.

Having looked at flights it looks like the Ballache of the boat is the way to go for now

Make no mistake, we are fully open end of May.

The U.K. prevalence barring a catastrophe will be well below 30 in 100,000. It already is.

I’m glad my emails to CoMin & Tynwald made a difference, albeit a very, very tiny one.

What a great morning!

9044B532-805A-4074-AF52-75DEBB1583D9.jpeg

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 2