IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Technology could have had all this done and dusted yonks ago. Unfortunately our leaders in this respect are clueless (as are most folk to be fair) and the technology advisers in IoMG Government are not as fucking smart as they think they are, or their salary might suggest they are.

Track and trace are digging out their notepads and sharpening their pencils, in what was once hailed "e-commerce capital of the world"

Quality

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Does everybody know who they have been in contact with this past two days, jumping up and down Strand Street, going on the piss etc?

Answer - no fucking chance.

Here we go again.

Who cares! Nearly all priority groups vaccinated and all adults will have had least one jab by end of June, just get on with life or stay in

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Today’s Tynwald supplemental agenda, including the exit strategy

Tynwald exit strategy is straightforward - shred all your cock-ups so they can't be FOI'd, take the big pension - and grab some column inches from Richard Butt and write complete bollox re-inventing history.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

If they are looking at fully opening the border in 2 months time then you would think there is no chance of going into another lockdown but as I have said before whatever the initial goal of lockdowns were has been lost so who knows what will happen.

There simply has to be a robust, quick and resilient track and trace solution in place or ready to go which was due to be unveiled as they announced the official move to mitigation and relaxation of the borders.

They have said for weeks now that cases were inevitable, so there MUST be a plan in place to deal with this.

No way can they stick everyone back into lockdown having already told us that we are transitioning away from elimination.

Having said that people will panic.  I have already had two jobs booked for this week contact me and cancel.  Both outstanding from February and not invoicing them this week will leave me out of pocket again.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, trmpton said:

Having said that people will panic.  I have already had two jobs booked for this week contact me and cancel.  Both outstanding from February and not invoicing them this week will leave me out of pocket again.

There are probably very many people after 6 weeks of lockdown that have far too much month left at the end of the money - and are having to prioritise. Did they specifically mention covid as the reason?

2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

There are probably very many people after 6 weeks of lockdown that have far too much month left at the end of the money - and are having to prioritise. Did they specifically mention covid as the reason?

Yes.  "Given this mornings news blah blah blah"

You might be right though, might just be an excuse to get out of paying for one of them.  The other is a perfectly nice elderly lady who just sounded genuinely concerned