IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Sensitive, much? I’d say it to his face, IRL.

My point still stands though John. They're sowing confusion.

"Borders will be at a yet undefined Level 3" is not a good look. I mean, why bother? If it is defined, spell it out.

There have also been three testing regimes that I know of.

It's ever so easy to make an announcement relevant. You just assume the audience have no history of previous events and simply spell it out.

You know, like telling someone their brain cells could be malfunctioning to their face....

13 hours ago, 2112 said:

Has anyone heard the latest ramblings from Ashie being ‘interviewed’ by Paul Moulton? 

Waffle, Waffle and Waffle. Nobles being overwhelmed next year as COVID could return. We have to live with it. I’m a libertarian says Ashie - what Bullshit. 

If he is predicting a return of COVID etc perhaps we should cancel next years TT and FOM, as I don’t know how Nobles will cope. Let’s face it, the Health Service is totally fcuked anyway, judging by the waiting lists.  

Been saying this all long - they need to come out and admit there can be no TT/FOM with prevailing attitudes ie,- that NOONE must be admitted to hospital or become ill with covid because Noble's can't cope.   

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

My point still stands though John. They're sowing confusion.

"Borders will be at a yet undefined Level 3" is not a good look. I mean, why bother? If it is defined, spell it out.

There have also been three testing regimes that I know of.

It's ever so easy to make an announcement relevant. You just assume the audience have no history of previous events and simply spell it out.

You know, like telling someone their brain cells could be malfunctioning to their face....

What is it you don’t get about the three new border levels. Seems very clear.

17146A68-2906-4C7B-AE40-39B921950703.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

There would be benefit but how do you ensure its random. Not as easy as it sounds. 

How about this:

Cabinet Office run 111, Cabinet Office run public health, Cabinet Office run the electoral role so they control this database. This means that Cabinet Office could select a random selection based on ages and approach them. Or they could just ask for volunteers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

It takes a day or so to put restrictions on so why does it take months to take them off?

Because as has been echoed here and in a plethora of commentaries over the past 13 months, once the State deprives the individual of rights and freedoms unfettered, it is loathe to relinquish that power and needs to justify, in its own dytopian mind, why they should ever be given back.

Furthermore, it is now widely recognised that the 'precautionary principle' is now endemic in the political class which is enough to strangle any obvious solution (to the man on the Onchan omnibus) or quick-fix at birth.  It absolves them from making any decision thereby avoiding any responsibility.

• Like 1

I think things should be spelled out properly preferably in words of one syllable. Simply because I like to know exactly what's expected of me so I can plan accordingly.

I wonder how concise the resultant policy will be...?

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

What is it you don’t get about the three new border levels. Seems very clear.

Why have the stages numbered ascending when the current travel numbers are descending?

Level 1 freedom

level 2 limited

Level 3 more limited

level 4 where are now

level 5 door closed.

This seems to be the standard  with the traffic light system. Low number good high number bad.

Typical pen pushers... looked at other countries so let’s be different.

58 minutes ago, trmpton said:

I have already had two jobs booked for this week contact me and cancel.  Both outstanding from February and not invoicing them this week will leave me out of pocket again.

I sincerely hope that works out ok and I am sure you are one of the good guys.

But what you are saying works both ways and one of the things I have noticed over the past year is the big difference between the companies / contractors who communicate well - and those who don't bother. Some simply seem to fail to communicate at all even when work is postponed for some reason. That makes me assume that they don't want the work.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

.......but so what!!!!  This is life in the new COVID world and we bloody well need to learn how to live with it.

Agree, I am interested in what the government's response will be.  Do you think they will say 'risk assess yourself and get on with it"? 

HQ has already said these cases are of concern.  What message is that sending? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

That’s simplistic, and simply not true. We’ve not really done mass or random testing. We’ve tested those with symptoms who’ve contacted 111, patients going in for electives, returning travellers, key workers. It’s focussed at the at risk groups. And even then the positive return rate ( percentage positives )has remained fairly constant. 

With low levels, or zero, in the community ( which we’ve had for 9 out of 13 months, random testing won’t increase the positive figures. Whilst it’s possible there were pockets of asymptomatic infections they’d have passed it on and someone would have tested positive on admission or because they developed symptoms.

If there is any Lateral Flow community testing, is there,  any positives will be referred for PCR to  check. It’s only the PCR that’ll be recorded.

And those are the high rate of false positives discussed in the Guardian articles quoted earlier this week. And they do have an effect. Isolation, days of work, loss of income for the person testing false positive and their families until the PCR comes back negative.

There will be much larger cohorts of asymptomatic positives going forward. Tracing from those who succumb will get harder. But, we will have to live with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Who cares! Nearly all priority groups vaccinated and all adults will have had least one jab by end of June, just get on with life or stay in

"Nearly"? What about the 25 year olds? eg:  https://gef.im/2020/04/01/i-have-covid-19-i-am-ok-others-wont-be/

It's not time just yet to put the tough guy act on. We are a community. It's not all about you, our kid.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Agree, I am interested in what the government's response will be.  Do you think they will say 'risk assess yourself and get on with it"? 

HQ has already said these cases are of concern.  What message is that sending? 

he should have just said cases,  but politicians like to add 50 words when 5 is all that is needed for the air time. listen to your leader, blah de blah de blah , stay awake at the back.

• Like 2