IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

"Nearly"? What about the 25 year olds? eg:  https://gef.im/2020/04/01/i-have-covid-19-i-am-ok-others-wont-be/

It's not time just yet to put the tough guy act on. We are a community. It's not all about you, our kid.

That link you posted is from 13 months ago !!

Stop scaremongering, everyone over 18 will have had at least one jab by time borders are fully open , just stay in

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Why have the stages numbered ascending when the current travel numbers are descending?

Level 1 freedom

level 2 limited

Level 3 more limited

level 4 where are now

level 5 door closed.

This seems to be the standard  with the traffic light system. Low number good high number bad.

Typical pen pushers... looked at other countries so let’s be different.

No. The exit stages are numbered ascending 1, 2 and 3 going forward from now. The border levels are still numbered descending. We are currently at 4 and they’re listed 3, 2 and 1, just like you want.

Jeez

The manninline today (I love lunch breaks) is now a witch hunt for whoever the 2 cases are as "they have obviously broken the rules and put us all at risk"

They really need to change peoples attitudes if they want people to voluntarily come forward for testing.

As it stands today if I did and was positive I would be left completely skint and likely be chased out of town by the nutters.

Edited by trmpton
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

That link you posted is from 13 months ago !!

Stop scaremongering, everyone over 18 will have had at least one jab by time borders are fully open , just stay in

It was Covid. Point being it was a 'young person'. Went through hell and all that by all accounts. It ain't time to party yet. 

Different story when we are all vaccinated, it's coming but we aren't there yet. As of course you know.

Step up to the podium when we are.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Jeez

The manninline today (I love lunch breaks) is now a witch hunt for whoever the 2 cases are as "they have obviously broken the rules and put us all at risk"

They really need to change peoples attitudes if they want people to voluntarily come forward for testing.

As it stands today if I did and was positive I would be left completely skint and likely be chased out of town by the nutters.

Does seem likely that someone broke isolation, there were 750 in isolation as of yesterday which is a lot & someone may have been tempted out

• Like 1

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

I thought the whole point in allowing 10 in a house etc was to cut down the chances of any cases being unexplained? These people are a statistical anomaly.

Well if you’re meeting someone who’s supposed to be isolating you won’t admit it as you would be put in Jurby !!

So they just say I don’t know where I got it, probably some of our younger residents 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

Does seem likely that someone broke isolation, there were 750 in isolation as of yesterday which is a lot & someone may have been tempted out

A nice sunny day, lockdown ended, pubs open, people skipping gaily along. And an isolating person or two re-watching Netflix and just said fuck it? Seems a likely scenario.

The floodgates were opened too soon. Lockdown should have been more gradual and more controlled.

Anyway, track and trace should be all over this and the matter sorted out. It's not as if we are new to the situation. A bit of genomics might have also helped.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 3

Lets hope they stick with the plan. The number of cases is becoming less of an important metric with the advancement of the vaccine rollout. All vulnerable folk have had at least one jab, many both. 

Hospital cases should become the new driver of action. If the hospital is showing signs of becoming overwhelmed, intervene with some restrictions. 

We've got to move on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It still tickles me Pink that people genuinely believed Covid left our shores on three different occasions.

The mind genuinely boggles at the naivety of the masses.

I don’t want to alarm the Mary’s any further but guess why U.K. case numbers are falling in the main? ...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well if you’re meeting someone who’s supposed to be isolating you won’t admit it as you would be put in Jurby !!

So they just say I don’t know where I got it, probably some of our younger residents 

Hypothetically Person A comes back on the boat  isolates and B has to pick some stuff. Person A is a asymptomatic and ain’t having no test. Person B, passes to Person C who does not feel to good and calls 111 positive test. All deny any contact.